Multi channel much better than stereo?

If done correctly (ie. using the right pre-amp, speakers ),properly set up, multi channel sound completely blows away any stereo sound out there. Anyone that has "Good" audio experience would have to agree. If you don't agree...well, YOUR WRONG. It's ok to be wrong, alot of people "Think" they have alot of audio experience, but they really don't. Any comments ?
urban
Thanks Pcc,
We do have many things in common when it comes to the front end of a system. I too believe, one of the best stereo's I put together was bi-wiring the Aerius with tube amps. Infact, I had Quest's (Fronts) Logos, Aerius (Surrounds) with the Quest's bi-amped and I've sold my Quests in favor of the Aerius. The Aerius presented a more realistic sound stage, but I think room dimensions and treatments can make the difference as to which way to go. (quest vs aerius) Currently my plan is to use Aerius i bi-amped for front and another set of aerius for the rear, Logos for center, using 2 sunfire mk2's for bass, plus bass shakers in the furniture (I can turn those on when it's late at night so I don't wake others.) More Later, I'm at work.
Pcc,
If you got an extra $1,000 dollars lying around, putting a set of (Used of course) Aerius in the back will really improve an audio sound stage in 5.1 ch. Because I'm still in transition with my system I'm not using ML's in the rear right now and hence would rather listen to just stereo on 2 ch audio. I have yet to have one person say they prefer 2 ch. over 5.1 ch when using ML's all around, it not only sounds better but looks impressive as well. Some stuff that is recorded in 5.1 is done so poorly that I would agree stereo is better, but some of the newer stuff was recorded properly, and stages beautifully. Roy Orbison is not recorded that way, but still is fun. On that recording they put a different instrument in every speaker, and it is a favorite buy far from guest's in our house.
Heh Urban were not in grade school any more and I will not have a pissing contest with you. I have never flaunted how superior my system is, because I have heard better, oh yeah I have heard a better sounding system then my own. Have you? or is your 5.whatever system the *BEST* out there. Now in refrence to me calling you a clown, look at your earlier posts they had no support to what you said in your original post. In case you forgot a clown is one who makes jokes and I took both of your threads as jokes hence you are a clown. But I must admit that your most recent set of posts with Pcc have taken structure and have some basis for what you are saying, why did it take you a few days to become civilized or are you still in grade school? As I said in an earlier post I obviously don't have the kinda money that you do so I make due with what I have. Keep it clean and going in the direction it's going and I'll give my .02 other wise I would appreciate you not making assumptions about who I am with out the facts, Thank You.
Urban I will be adding the ML CLS to my collection, My Aerius 's will have a new home, to the rear channels and my paradigms will vacate the rear and go to the sides, until I purchase the scripts for the sides. going for the 7.1 surround. I understand what your saying with martins all around, and I don't disagree, I sure they sound great. But believe me when I tell you, the 2channel sound with martin logans will surpass the 5.1 setup with the correct 2ch pre and amp combo. Hell I do love my Martins in surround mode, but since listening to the bat pre/bat amp in 2ch on the aerius i, I reached a new level in 2ch which in my IMO surpass the 5.1 setup. My wife approved of me spending the extra $2,000 to get the pre, so she agreed which is not easy. There are some nice pre's/amps combo's that really can make ML shine in 2ch mode. Good luck. Pete