Best one-chasis CD/SACD player under $15 000?

Hi, I'm currently running an all Electrocompaniet top system with EMC-1UP as a source. However I will be changing to Classe amplification (my speakers are B&W 800 Di) quite soon so it makes sense to upgrade the source as well. Sadly Classe doesn't make CD players anymore so I'm in the market for a robust, huge and neutral sounding CD/SACD player that would be a real step up from EMC-1UP. I don't want any artificial sweetening, tubes, colorationes etc. Just pure signal. However I don't want to go separates (not to mention 4 block monsters a-la dCS). Can I buy real Hi End sound in one chasis under 15 grand?
antonkk
I own the top of the line Rega Isis at $10,000 new. I compared it with the K-03 & K-01 in my system ad bought the Rega. Check it out, no digital glare or hifi sound.
Hi Antonkk,

IMO, Soulution 540 (on the secondhand market) or Wadia 781iSE.

Best regards,
Second Zephyr's recommendation to at least check out the Ayre C-5xeMP. Very happy with mine. Only caveat is that it is a more up-front and detailed player than some others, so it will work best for you if that's the kind of sound you want to emphasize. Just wondering if it would be too much of a good thing with your B&Ws that also tend in that direction.

An early review by Mark Mickelson pretty much nailed the difference between the punchier Ayre C-5xe and smoother Esoteric X-01 in a review several years ago. Since his review, Ayre has added the MP filters that have relaxed the sound quite a bit, but not so much that its essential up-front character was altered. You can read his review here:

http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/ayre_c5xe.htm