External DAC For Oppo 105 At What Cost?

Approximately how much would you have to spend on an external DAC to significantly better the sound of the internal Dac in the Oppo 105?
128x128mitch4t
Mitch,
Modwright puts an excellent tube output stage on the DAC.....so yes, the DAC is improved with his mod. I also mod the 105 and also change the clock to the DAC and modify the power supply to the DAC as well as a host of other things. So, a modified 105 has a mucho better DAC. A Lampizator or other expensive DAC might sound better than my modified 105 (using simple zero feeback j-fet buffer for output stage)...but have not compared it to other such options. I would think several $1500+ DACs (Eastern Electric with Dexa op amps, Exasound, Mytek, etc.) would beat the stock 105 DAC/output stage.....but my modified DAC/output stage is way, way better than stock. None of the above mentioned DACs has as pure an output stage as mine. They all use the same DAC chip, as well.
"Because it's what I choose to believe." Scientist Dr. Elizabeth Shaw in the movie Prometheus, when asked why she believed that the alien Engineers were heading to Earth to destroy us.
Ricevs, your response changes everything. Very informative and helpful. Thank you for the info.

mitch
Hi Seikosha, If I'm ever a little bored/curious I'll do that and give the Oppo its straight shot. I'll let you know. Best,