Anyone heard the Micro Seiki DDX1000?

I have been looking for a moderately priced turntable that will sound great and I think I may have found one in the Micro Seiki DDX1000. It is a direct drive table so I am hesitant about buying it but I have seen that a lot of people really want them. The table looks awesome and can mount three different arms, my only question is would I be better off with a used Rega or Linn, perhaps a Music Hall than with a well-taken-care-of Micro Sieki DD? Any opinions?
bmw328iproject
Here's your mental issue: "It is a direct drive table so I am hesitant about buying it..."

What, if any, does that have to do with quality?
I am not an expert on turntables but it is my understanding that belt drive tables have less noise. I have looked around a lot and I don't even know of any direct drive tables that are made today (other than DJ tables). Please shed some more light on the subject if possible....
I have never used this table so I don't know how well it works. But in general, DD tables are noisier than belt drive because the motor is directly connected to the platter.

Also, there was theory that the constant micro speed adjustments made by the servo motor can cause a DD table to sound harsh. It might be true but I have never done a controled comparison and am not convinced it is the case.

One major design goal of DD table is to have almost instant start up. As a result, most DD tables use a relativly light weight platter and I think it might have more to do with the sound than the micro speed adjustments.

I am more concern about the noise than anything else, especially for an aged table.

If you have doubt, I would buy a used Linn LP12 instead. It is a much safer bet.

I hope this helps.
Well I have owned one and currently own the Micro Seiki MR-711 so I will speak from experience. The DDX1000 does not use quartz lock so I don't think that "hunting" is an issue. Micro made a subsequent model that looks quite similar called the DQX1000 which does have quartz lock, but it can be turned off. I have never been able to identify any rumble with these tables and would suggest that direct drive tables are less subject to the micro speed variations caused by the varying resistance of stylus drag than the belt drive tables with low mass platters. There are lots of reasons not to buy the DDX1000 though. The open structure is rather resonant. Now that they are going on 30 years old the elasomer damping in the feet can go bad, which is the only means of vibration control. When the feet are bad, the lively structure is even worse. Instead of running the lamp that illuminates the strobe right off of the 60hz line, there is an oscillator that generates a frequency. This is needlessly complex and frequently breaks. The arm boards do not mount to the legs in a very rigid manner. The feet are acutally capped with rubber, the arm board being tightened around the rubber. These arm boards are quite rare and generally sell for in excess of $100.00 each. So, if you are buying, get one with enough arm boards. If you manage to get one with good feet, in good working condition, with a nice arm, it will be broadly comparable in performance to somewhere between a Rega P3 and P25, but will sound very different, with a totally different set of strengths and weaknesses. Feel free to e-mail me directly if you have any questions and if you live in the Pacific Northwest you are welcome to borrow my 711 to try in your own system. As devotees of DD tables will tell you, they do things that most belt drives don't. There are better DDs for the money, the yuppies have bid the price of the 1000s up because of the looks. The Technics SP10mk2 or mk3 would be a better choice and they are readily available with good spare parts. If shopping have a look at the direct drive museum. http://de.geocities.com/bc1a69/index_ger.html