Personal turntable/cartridge evolution

I just ran across the two year old personal speaker evolution and personal amp evolution threads. I am amazed that so far nobody has ever posted the question with respect to turntables/cartridge combinations.

Same deal as the other threads. I will start with my short odyssey through the worl of turntables:

1993 Linn Basik/Akito/K9
1998 Rega Planar 3/RB300/Elys
2000 Rega Planar 3/RB300/Denon DL103
2004 Michell Tecnodec/RB600/Ortofon Kontrapunkt A and Denon DL103R

Enjoy!

Rene
Ag insider logo xs@2xrestock
From my childhood I cannot recall every turntable. Owned a Garrard changer in my teen years. Some Radio Shack models.
As i grew older I've owned:

Denon DP47F
Technics linear
Revox B795 linear
Yamaha PX3 linear
Yamaha PX2 linear
Scoutmaster
First I upgraded, then dumped vinyl and now I've bought a reasonable TT just to listen to my old records:

Thorens TD166 III with various cartridges;
Thorens TD125 with SME 3009/Ortofon MC15 Super II;
Then I quit vinyl.... for about two weeks...
Thorens TD104/AT95
Thorens TD160B/SME IIIS/Ortofon MC15 Super II;
Micro Seiki MB10/Grado Prestige Silver (don't ask);
And finally a Sony PS-X55 with Grado Prestige Silver.
Update!

Started with a Garrard (in the early 70's so I don't recall the model) and Shure 3
Then went on to...
dual 1219
Phillips 212
Thorens 125 (great)
then the Linn for many , many years and with all the significant upgrades (lingo was the best)
and now the VPI Aries with 10.5 arm (see my system)

Now....the T.W. Raven AC/Tri-Planer Vll arm/Dynavector VS-1....absolutely great with a capitol "G".
I'm starting to take some serious steps into vinyl, although I've been collecting and listening to LPs for almost 12 years.

1995-1996 - Some cheap Sears unit that I purchased for $20.
2000-2002 - various Technics (SL-D2's, etc.)
2004-2007 - Thorens TD-125MkII w/ Ortofon X5-MC
2007-???? - VPI Scout w/JM9 tonearm, Dynavector 20X-H, Benz Glider M2

I just ordered the VPI, I can't wait.
Started with BSR changers, then a rat-shack DD, then a belt drive or two (used a Thorens for many years), now using a Garrard 301. So I went from idler to DD to belt, and back to idler. I'm enjoying my records more now than I ever did :-).