Personal turntable/cartridge evolution

I just ran across the two year old personal speaker evolution and personal amp evolution threads. I am amazed that so far nobody has ever posted the question with respect to turntables/cartridge combinations.

Same deal as the other threads. I will start with my short odyssey through the worl of turntables:

1993 Linn Basik/Akito/K9
1998 Rega Planar 3/RB300/Elys
2000 Rega Planar 3/RB300/Denon DL103
2004 Michell Tecnodec/RB600/Ortofon Kontrapunkt A and Denon DL103R

Enjoy!

Rene
Ag insider logo xs@2xrestock
Voice of Music changer w. Astatic flip-over

Sherwood belt drive w. Ortofon>Blue Point

AR/Merrill w. Blue Point>Special>V-15

Scout w. Dynavector>Grado

Hm, not too many for all those years.
I would like to see this thread come to life, I have only owned a total of 2 or 3 tt, the only one worthy of mention is my present Vpi that has been heavily and I mean heavily modified. It weighs in at around 430 pounds.
the cartridges; started with a grado inexpensive one, then moved unto the sumikos, from the blue point to the blackbird, then to the denon 103 series, then the zu model which is a total killer. Nothing will beat my tt, serious!!!!!!!
The musicians practically enter my living room!
Pedrillo, love your response! Getting the most out of the equipment you own does take a lot of personal efforts to tweak or modify. My evolution starts with my parents zenith hifi from the early 60's. I remember that table because it had a cobra or snake armwand. I got the phono when i was older but could not get the thing to work right so i got a bsr. Dont even remember the model but it was my first real table. I kept it a couple of years and got a garrard then finally got my first "hilevel" table in a Dual 701. I kept that table for close to 20 years. I found a denon 47f after the dual and kept it for a few years. In 2002, i purchased a gyrodec and my first MC cartridge(vandenhul frog). The arm was the rb300. I tried a few other cartridges (mm and mc) and found the zxy line(airy3s). In 2006, I got my first Maplenoll. It was a modified reference araidne model with the lighter platter. I upgraded the airsystem and balanced the platter and finally installed my own tonearm and onthefly vta system. I also moved to a zyx universe silver coils. My latest project is a ariadne signature with the large platter. Not quite as heavy as pedrillo, but still a heavyweight near 150 lbs.
I would like to see this thread come to life...
I agree - I find the journey of what people with similar tastes have tried not only interesting but extremely helpful in developing my own tastes and finding my own direction. At least this is why I started this thread quite while ago ;)

There has been a very similar thread whcih was started a little later, but which contains many excellent responses: How Many Turntables Have You Owned