Equipment Set-up Recommendations?

Hi Folks:
I recently installed an air-bearing linear tracking tonearm (the MG-1). Table and cartridge are Teres 255 and ZYX Airy 3x-sb low output. Generally, I'm thrilled with the setup, but I find that when I walk around the room, the cartridge can jump, which is very disconcerting.

When I switch to the OL Silver arm I have, such jumping does not seem to occur, so I'm guessing the MG-1 is more sensitive. All my equipment is supported with the double rack, which may also be a variable to consider - I have my Teres on top - about 40 inches above the ground.

Anyway, I'd welcome any input or insight that migth provide me with a more stable, isolated listening environment where my cartridge won't jump (how bad is that for the cartridge anyway - should that be considered an emergency, or is it pretty common/not-a-big-deal? I've inquired about getting a Gingko platform, which may or may not help. Ideally, I'd like to keep the Teres on top of the rack, as it looks great, is highly accessible, and I don't want to take up more realestate with a seperate Teres stand, if I don't have to.

Anyway, any input and advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

John.
128x128outlier
A Teres is probably a challenge to wall mount, and my suspicion is that such a mount is not recommended from a sonics perspective for an unsuspended turntable like the Teres. Hence, I'm keen to work on another solution, if one is available. Are others experiencing such an issue (especially with this MG-1 arm)? Note, I am now careful about walking around, and so the cartridge is not jumping, but if I have guests over, I'd like to spin some records and not have to warn them to tip toe around ;-) Thanks!
John.
If it doesn't happen with your other arm, then there is something with the MG-1 which is different.

Perhaps you have the tracking force set a bit too light?

Perhaps the arm bearing is not quite level?

Air pressure not right?

Check your set up.

Air bearing arms are notorious for difficult set up and maintenance. You might just have to get used to playing around until you get it where you want it.

The more spongy crap you put under it, the worse it is going to be.
Wall mount. Preferably on an outside wall because they tend to be stiffer than an interior partition wall. Make sure you lag bolt into the studs; if necessary, remove the drywall or plaster and put blocking inside the wall (that's wood that goes horizontally between the studs) and then re-drywall. DO NOT put up a wall shelf with toggle bolts through the drywall or plaster! If you can mount your shelf on a masonry wall, using lag bolts into anchors set in quik-crete, that's the best:~)

For a quick fix before you have time to do the wall shelf thing: Go under your house in the crawl space and determine where the floor joists are. Make sure you position the feet of your rack right over, or close to, each of two joists. (This is assuming the joists run perpendicular to the wall behind your rack.) DO NOT straddle one joist!

If the joists run parallel to the wall behind your rack, the same advise applies but you may have to pull the rack out from the wall to make it work. In both cases, you can "spot-stiffen" your floor by getting some concrete piers at Home Despot (they look like truncated pyramids about 10" high) place them on the ground in the crawl space right under the joists where the rack is located, and using short lengths of 2x4 cut 1/2" longer than the distance from the top of the pier to the bottom of the joist(s) hammer them into place vertically like little columns under each joist where the rack is. This will stiffen the floor at that location and (hopefully) keep your tonearm from bouncing -- which BTW is definitely not good for the cartridge suspension.
Twl, as always, thanks for the words of wisdom. Yes, I do need to play with it more, and see if I can iron out any remaining kinks. I have tracking set at 2grams which is recommended for the cartridge, but I can up that a little.

Yes, I've been weary of adding anything to the base support. Even as is, I've been weary of using the Adona stand in the context of supporting the Teres, but it looks great, sounds great and has freed up a lot of real estate for me. I've had so many recent system changes on the analog side though, it's difficult for me to attribute gains and issues..I'll keep at it. This MG-1 arm really is interesting, and has been fun to work with - a bit challenging to set up, but that's part of the fun :-)

Thanks,
John.