Equipment Set-up Recommendations?

Hi Folks:
I recently installed an air-bearing linear tracking tonearm (the MG-1). Table and cartridge are Teres 255 and ZYX Airy 3x-sb low output. Generally, I'm thrilled with the setup, but I find that when I walk around the room, the cartridge can jump, which is very disconcerting.

When I switch to the OL Silver arm I have, such jumping does not seem to occur, so I'm guessing the MG-1 is more sensitive. All my equipment is supported with the double rack, which may also be a variable to consider - I have my Teres on top - about 40 inches above the ground.

Anyway, I'd welcome any input or insight that migth provide me with a more stable, isolated listening environment where my cartridge won't jump (how bad is that for the cartridge anyway - should that be considered an emergency, or is it pretty common/not-a-big-deal? I've inquired about getting a Gingko platform, which may or may not help. Ideally, I'd like to keep the Teres on top of the rack, as it looks great, is highly accessible, and I don't want to take up more realestate with a seperate Teres stand, if I don't have to.

Anyway, any input and advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

John.
128x128outlier
Hi Folks:
Just to update, I resolved the skipping issue by moving the turntable to the floor. I think the key problem is/was that the room is one floor up (there's a basement underneath). Hence, the floor is likely not as stable as a typical floor, providing vibration level most folks would not encounter for their setup - a vibration level that no stand can effectively deal with. Also, this tonearm I'm using really must be more sensitive than a typical bearing-based arm, because my OL Silver simply showed no skipping behavior whatsoever. I think the stand would perform admirably in typical circumstances, but my setup is a bit of an 'outlier' ;-) Generally, this stand works perfectly for my other equipment, and if/when I move house I'm confident that the turntable will be back on top of the stand, sounding great and with no skipping behavior.
I use a Minus K BM-1 isolation platform. This is an industrial product - isolates about 10x better than a Vibraplane (or any other air-based solution), and even outperforms 5-figure industrial active isolation solutions. In fact, the Minus K BM-1 can be used to isolate a SEM (Scanning Electron Microscope) to be used on the second floor of a building. The Minus K BM-1 is also very popular with AFM makers (Atomic Force Microscope). Bottom line: you can go with audiophile/consumer audio solutions which will be inferior while paying a 50% dealer premium, or you can go with an industrial solution which will outperform anything in the consumer audio world and really get your money's worth. Minus K has just released
a new isolator called the BM-6 which has almost the same performance as my BM-1, but at about half the price (under $2k). The new BM-8 to be released mid-Summer goes toe-to-toe with the BM-1 in a much more WAF-friendly form factor. Finally, the Minus K isolators are completely passive, so there are no facilities required for power or air - just plug and play. I'm a mechanical engineer and an audio restoration professional - I know of what I speak. I currently use the Minus K BM-1 with 75 lb granite surface plate under my Simon Yorke S7. Not only will Minus K produce audio nirvana with your turntable, but absolutely no external vibration will reach it. As proof of this, one Minus K user put their AFM on a suspended floor, and had 8 scientists jump on the floor at the same time - there was NO vibration transmitted to the AFM.
Userid, of course the Vibraplane is made by an industrial isolation company. So is the Halcyonics platform recently shown at the Stereophile show. I guess what is needed is a shootout although I never trust others ears.

I did go to the Minus K BM-1 page. THe BM-6's specifications are not the equal of the BM-1's. I don't know why these companies don't make a rack with this platform at the bottom. If it can be done, it would be more economical.
I gather that the Minus K BM-1 isolation platform is an electronic device. Long ago I recounted, for audiophiles, my experience with vibration isolation in context of using a large dish of Mercury as a reflector for optical work. Ripples on the surface of the Mercury were a big problem until we bought an electronic vibration isolator. The cost of a SOTA electronic isolator is well within the budget of high end vinyl fans.
Eldartford, the Minus K is a controlled spring device using no air pressure nor electricity.