Un-WARP your records

Today was very sunny and hot...as I was peeling off my clothes I got to thinking...hey, it's so damn HOT...why not try an experiment!!

Items used for this experiment:

- picture frame
- round 1/4 inch glass table top (the heavier the better)
- suntan lotion
- cold beer

After baking in the sun for three hours the warps were GONE!! The record was completely FLAT!!

Do this with a cheap record first, don't attempt this with your prized ones. I didn't get the chance to spin the record because I wanted to let the vinyl cool down first. I will post my findings and let you know if the experiment was a success.
dogpile

Hey Arizona!! Still enjoying the Cowboy Junkies? I'd much prefer the dry heat you got down there. Nice to hear from ya...take care!!

HY
When flattening a warped record you usually end up with a flat but somewhat oval record.

Warped record can be clamped down (some harder than others) and played. Oval LP's cannot ...

gunbei,
i believe the "peel my clothes off" part was strictly optional!! that may help with the sand...
best regards,
az jake
I own a transcriptor skeleton. Sounded quite good many years ago, considerably better than my td 124 but not as good as my linn. I just unboxed it after 20 years and set it up using the later sme and shure v15. During the storage period the belt stretched so I cannot play. I contacted transcriptor in England but could not figure how to pay in British pounds. I emailed again and have still not heard back. Check the sight "transcriptor" for more info. Good Luck
Bob