ZYX Universe and Lyra Titan

I've been reading a lot about the Universe lately but have not read any comparisons with the Titan. Anyone heard them in similiar set-ups? Since I own a Helicon, I receive about a $1,400 credit trading it in for a Titan. Is the Universe $1,300 better at $4,700? I recognize the subjectivity of the question but does anyone have any strong opinions? Thanks.
richardmr
Dear Doug: I don''t understand your reply to me. Like I already post: five days of analog fun, nothing more.

I think that you already know my opinion about audio tests with more than one people: it's only fun.

A serious ( I'm not saying that you and your audio friends are not serious about ) audio test is something extrictly personal: with out any external influences, in a control of all parameters, in a very well know of the audio system and in the long run time. When there are two or more persons in an audio test a simple head movement from any one of those persons has a great influence in the others ones. There are many other issues and why's the audio tests has to be: personal ( one and only one ).

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Raul,

You've been outvoted by the six of us. LOL. We still respect your opinion even if it's wrong. Just kidding. You do make a good point about the power of peer pressure but in this case I feel each of us has a fairly strong personality and unafraid of voicing an opinion outside the "supposed" group influence. About the only thing we all really agree on is the strengths of the ZYX lineup. Is a UNIverse the best cartridge made? I honestly don't know but it's certainly in the running. You are very right in that this was a fun time. I wish you could join the group some day since we have so much more in common than we have differences. Best to all, especially Richardmr with whatever cartridge he selects. Let us know, please.
Actually,my pal's buddy got the Koetsu "Coral".You know,the one with the body that is made from (literally)petrified coral!He,also,has the new Titan,and dumped it in a N.Y. minute,for the "Coral".He,too,has heard a ton of cartridges,yet he is also an obsessed vinylphile/collector.His sentiments ride with the 20 "thou" Coral as the best available.BIG TIME,according to him.I,myself am laughing LOUDLY at the lengths that the hobby pushes some "types"!!

PLEEEEEEASE!!GIVE ME A BREAK!!--One thing that a heck of alot of manufacturers credit many of us for is "virtually NO common sense"!!
Dear Richarddmr: All of us in this forum always support the MC cartridges and never " speak " about other great cartridges designs: MM type.

There are great MM top performers that in many ways are better than the MC ones.

Between the MM manufacturers that you can take a look are: Ortofon, Music Maker, Rega, Grado, Audio technica, Clearaudio, Shure, etc, etc.

You or any one will be surprised how good are those MM cartridges: and for a lot, lot less money than the MC ones.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
You know Sirspeedy I agree with you about manufacturers assuming that many audiophiles have limited common sense. Unfortunately, there is a pervasive attitude that equates audio performance with price. And as you are aware this is certainly not the case in most instances. Many Audiophiles (component of the month types) instead of trying to optimize the performance of their current gear simply throw a lot of money at newer gear.