Demagnatizing a ZYX Cartridge

If there is someone out there that owns a ZYX, can you please tell me if I should periodically demagnatize the cartridge.
slowhand
thanks for asking, I "thought" I would have to buy a demagnitizer down the road too. Thanks Slowhand for asking, for I have the same cart.
Dear Slowhand: Who told you that your ZYX or any other today cartridges needs the: demagnatizing sevice?

What do you want to demagnatize? why?

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Hey Doug: Can you give an answer to my questions about ? I ask you because you support this exercise and if you did I suppose that you know the demagnetizing: Why's.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Raul,

I suppose I first heard about demagnetizing here. It does seem ridiculous at first: how could copper/silver coils become magnetized in the first place?

Paul (PhD in metallurgy) theorizes that impurities in the coils become magnetized. He hasn't attempted to verify this in a metallurgical lab, but if he's correct the same could happen in the voice coils of speakers.

Albert Porter and others reported positive results from demagnetizing their Koetsus several years ago. While reluctant to risk active demagnetizing, we decided to try the Cardas record two years ago on our Shelter 901. At worst we figured it could do no harm.

In fact, the improvement was substantial. As with Albert's Koetsu we found weekly sweeps beneficial for the Shelter. ZYX's also benefit, though they don't seem to need it quite as often. OTOH, friends using Denon 103's and Benz's reported no change at all. One imagines that different coils have different impurities, which react differently (or not at all) to magnetic fields.

Regards,
Doug
Rauliruegas,

I used to own a Sumiko Blue point years ago, and a Benz Glider after that. Both of those cartridges benefited from using a demagnatizer. The cartridges seem to lose some of the top end of the music and after demagnatazation the highs seemed to be restored.