Demagnatizing a ZYX Cartridge

If there is someone out there that owns a ZYX, can you please tell me if I should periodically demagnatize the cartridge.
slowhand
Tubes108,

What kind of demagnification did you use. Active device? Cardas record? Or...?

Many thanks,
Doug
My Benz Aethetix demag suggests trying multiple passes and I have in the past with a Glider and some Grado cartridges without harm. However, after reading this thread I'm not so sure this device is what I should continue to use in the future. I now have a Benz M2 which I just bought so I want to make sure it lasts a while and stays at peak performance levels. Any suggestions out there for the best demag/degausser tools to use?

I'll also be at RAMF this weekend so I hope to learn more about this topic and possible solutions there in addition to what I can learn here.
Dear Doug: My experience and answers from manufacturers were for the active devices.

I don't know about the Cardas passive device.

What I know, active or passive, is that the question has to be answered by the cartridge manufacturer. Not a dealer not any one of us.
The cartridge manufacturer is the person that has all the know how about and in particular about his cartridge.

+++++ " How would that harm a cartridge? " +++++

You don't know for sure, the cartridge manufacturer has the best/safe answer. Not you.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Dear Doug: I mean: Not you or I.

Who can tell me for sure that there will be no harm/degradation in the cartridge in the long run?

With out a definitive manufacturer answer, my advice is to stay far away.

As a fact any one of us does not want that our value cartridges: 3K to 9K, can suffer any damage " only for demagnatizing " it.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Hey Doug

Hi. I used the Aethetix to demag on my ZYX. But I stress, that the Aethetix is a good device and a single pass demag-ing the ZYX did positive results sonically. Doing multiple passes was unnecessary. And I would hesitate doing multiple passes on any cartridge.