Demagnatizing a ZYX Cartridge

If there is someone out there that owns a ZYX, can you please tell me if I should periodically demagnatize the cartridge.
slowhand
I used the cardas sweep on my Zyx universe and it made a very noticeable improvement. I did 30 minutes on each of the 3 tracks.
Dear friends: The subject here is why we need to demagnatizing a phono cartridge, not if " sound better " after that or not.

I already post the next statement: " for I can demagnatizing a cartridge I need that that cartridge were magnetized before ". I ask to any one in this thread: " which parts are magnetized ? Why are magnetized? if it is magnetized, this magnetized parts change the quality sound reproduction of the cartridge?
Till today every one speaks of many things but not a single one give a specific answers to those critical questions.

Come on: " before I take a towel for to dry my body I need that my body be wet ", usually!!!!! .

Lugnut, this is not negativity, this is : common sense, that's all.

Btw and this is a subject for other time: if what you are hearing after the demagnatizing your cartridge is a better high frecuency reproduction I can tell you for sure that what you are hearing after the demagnatizing is a higher distortion than before that exercise. Please don't turn aside this thread about this " distortion " subject: leave it for a better ocasion.

The " demagnatazing " subject needs your answers about.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Dear friends: Well, my opinion is that till any one of us have a specific cartridge manufacturer confirmation about the safe demagnatizing " exercise " it will be better stay away.

Raul.
Raul,

I answered your question in my post of 9/27. Please read it before repeating questions that have already been addressed.

Paul's education and 22 years of professional experience qualify him to understand whether coils can be magnetized. He knows more atomic and molecular level metallurgy than all the audio engineers on the planet. He says it's possible, even probable.

What are your qualifications in metallurgy? Your "common sense" is of little use in understanding metals at the molecular level. It is of no use in understanding ANY material at atomic or sub-atomic levels. Common sense Newtonian physics just don't apply there.

BTW, suggesting that what every person on this thread hears as an improvement is "distortion" is arrogant, absurd and insulting. You haven't heard what we have, so your "common sense" should have deleted that statement before you posted it.

Doug
Dear Doug: +++++ " He says it's possible, even probable. " +++++
+++++ " He hasn't attempted to verify this in a metallurgical lab, " +++++

All these means nothing about.

+++++ " He knows more atomic and molecular level metallurgy than all the audio engineers on the planet " +++++

This is arrogant, btw: who cares?

Your post does not help on the main subject.

Doug, you have higher distortion.

Raul.