My Rhea's new partner arrives today

Just bought it here on the A'gon. This is a bit of an experiment to see if it might be a better match with my Rhea phono stage thus replacing my current pre, a BAT 50SE. Don't get me wrong. I'm very happy with the BAT. I don't expect a big difference between these pre-amps, but I'm hoping the Calypso and Rhea together will add more depth to the music. If the Calypso stays it will allow for tube rolling where the BAT does not. So I'm hoping some other Aesthetix owners can offer tube suggestions.
dan_ed
Thanks Stanhifi! Humor is always welcome and even more so since tonight I'm full of Buffalo chicken wings and Jack 'n coke!

I hope folks are still getting something useful from my fumbling about here. After scanning through different thread here and on AA it seems I'm probably way behind most of you guys that own Rheas and/or Calypsos. I suppose if things get too boring we could always start arguing over what is "the best" tube or cartridge to match with Aesthetix gear. I think it goes without saying that I'm right and you guys are all wrong!
Dan ed,
Try Jack (Black) and Club Soda (in a tall glass) in lieu of Coke and let me know if you hear an improvement it does taste better).
Rgds,
Larry
UPDATE! The tele's arrived today! The BAT has met it's match and then some! Sorry Jfrech, I really love Balanced Audio and I'm sure the 51SE is superb but the price difference will buy a lot of tubes.

First things first. Cello, we're talking really good buffalo wings. I can't taste much else after a few bites! Now if I was to order filet mignon I would be obliged to order Makers' Mark and soda! The Jack 'n Coke is sort of a nostalgic throw back for me.

I was pretty impressed with the Calypso with the Tung-sol 12ax7 (these are reproduction, not NOS) and tesla PCC88 6922's. The image and soundstage where every bit of what the BAT 50SE can do. The highs were slightly tizzy, but that may or may not improve with hours as both sets are new. Still a very good tube alternative for the Calypso and the price per tube is sweet!

Now these telefukens are, as many have reported, in a completely different league. I have every bit of the soundstage and imaging prowess of the 50SE and the additional bonus of the details the Aesthetix components excel in. I'm hearing instruments placed across the stage with a few feet between them, voices are extremely clear and focused, and the reverberations in the recording are very apparent. This is all rendering a deep and more life-like stage. Timbres sound right, especially piano. This tube has made so much difference in the performace of the Calypso that I have been able to go back to the Vector/103R combination which is probably adding to the dynamics. I'm a very happy camper! Now to seriously roll some tubes in the Rhea!