Jan Allaerts Cartridge Experience?

I've heard some good things about the Jan Allerts MC1B and MC1B Mk II cartridges . These seem pretty rare and there seems to be limited fedback on them.

Do any of you have direct experience? If so how do they compare to other top cartridges, e.g., Zyx, Lyra, Dynavector, Koetsu, Clearaudio?

Thanks for the feedback.
aoliviero
Of course its so much a matter of personal taste, but I've had the MC1B and the MK2 (usually on Schroeder DPS), and I find them outstandingly musical and involving. I'm not too happy comparing, but for me they are in a slightly different class to most other cartridges. I've had the Insider on same system, and I liked it a lot. Now i'm running an Urushi while I wait for the MC2 Finish to arrive. Not the same thing. Not by a long way. There are a lot of really excellent cartridges these days, but the Allaerts are something very special.
Andrew - no, I don't have the CAT anymore. However, ~0,5 signals worked OK (example, a clearaudio insider). The Allaerts was a bit too low for the cat gain stage -- volume was usually 10+ (I don;t listen at excruciating levels). By comparison, with a Clearaudio connected level was ~7-8. Spkrs registered a little under 90db spl, in room, 500-3kHz sine.
But I was actually referring to how far the Allaerts signal "activated" the CAT's circuit. I could say fm memory, it was slightly on the "refined" (or thin) side.
Gregm,

Thanks for clarifying. Do you rememebr the output voltage of your Allaerts? Apparently the older MC1B had a lower output than it does today. Today's version is 0.5mv.

Andrew
Raul,you are such a good salesman,that you have me trying to download every piece of info on the Allaerts line,that I can find.I've seen the website,and a review or two,yet this mfgr seems to be really SPECIAL!!

Thanks!
The MC1B is in many ways the best value cart in Jan's range (bit like the model 2 is Frank Schroeder's best value arm). I have had an MC1B for about two years and I'm very happy. I use mine on a Schroeder Model 2 and Platine Verdier with GT Audio Battery PSU (Tron Meteor tube preamp, Quad IIs and Avantgarde Duos). When I bought my MC1B, I was told that you can upgrade by returning your current cart and paying the price difference. I don't know if that still holds, but that sounds like a great after sales service