Jan Allaerts Cartridge Experience?

I've heard some good things about the Jan Allerts MC1B and MC1B Mk II cartridges . These seem pretty rare and there seems to be limited fedback on them.

Do any of you have direct experience? If so how do they compare to other top cartridges, e.g., Zyx, Lyra, Dynavector, Koetsu, Clearaudio?

Thanks for the feedback.
aoliviero
The MC1B is in many ways the best value cart in Jan's range (bit like the model 2 is Frank Schroeder's best value arm). I have had an MC1B for about two years and I'm very happy. I use mine on a Schroeder Model 2 and Platine Verdier with GT Audio Battery PSU (Tron Meteor tube preamp, Quad IIs and Avantgarde Duos). When I bought my MC1B, I was told that you can upgrade by returning your current cart and paying the price difference. I don't know if that still holds, but that sounds like a great after sales service
Dear Sirspeedy: Yes, Allaerts is really SPECIAL.

The best you can do to obtain the right structure of prices is asking directly to Jan.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Dear Ebarker2: I'm sure that you will enjoy the MC2 Finish when arrives to you: Congratulations for it!!!!

I agree with you, it is difficult to compare to other cartridges because the Allaerts cartridges are really special and " something " different, I can say: a lot different. Like you, I owned the Insider too but the MC2 Finish !!!!!!!!!!! is in another " analog dimension ".

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Thanks Raul. I'm having a hard time waiting, and I pester Jan far too often. Meanwhile i've had my Tom Evans Groove Plus changed to 845 ohms, and i'm trying to find out if there's a good step up transformer that will work with the cartridge as well, into a valve MM phono i've got coming. I've heard that this is a step too far for a step up. What do you think?