Linear Tracking or Not?, Any Experiences and Recs

I am considering the advantange of a linear tracking tonearm compared to a bearing or unipivot arm. From my uderstanding there is no arm that can compare. Is this true. Does this make the top of the current arms not worth considering. Are there any cartridge that will reject or demand the use of a linear tracking arm. From what I understand some carridges won't work on a linear tracking arm, as well as several turntables.
dgad
I'm really surprised platter rings haven't caught on more. I predict that we'll see more versions of them as time goes on. My table won't accomodate the currently available one but I've dreamt of making one for years.
I do try to avoid warped records- I find it wonderful, after returning to serious audio from a 10 + year hiatus, to find so many, many great recordings now available as reissues on vinyl. (Not to say that new vinyl doesn't have problems, sometimes, but when I last left this hobby, the only source of vinyl was squirreling around in bins at used record stores, or worse- the Internet was not a force to be reckoned with either).
Anyway, I am also more sensitive to how much I clamp a given record since too much force can obviously cause the record to bow. The Vta adjustment on the Airline arm is sooo easy, you'd really be remiss not to adjust it for each record. (I used to think that way lay madness, but at the time, had a Well-Tempered set-up and it wasn't as easy). BTW, I don't bother with the Vta adjustment on the arm tower, which as sold with the XL, is also adjustable and has an electronic micrometer. Instead, I use the adjustment on top of the arm assembly- easy as heck.
Is a vacuum system really intended to compensate for noticeably warped records? I assumed it was to create a bond between the platter and the record, to avoid some kinds of sonic aberration, like 'ringing' or resonance. I suppose that could also take care of mildly warped records, but is it really meant to? (Or is it just a question of degree, and all records are 'warped' to some extent?)
Uh,oh. The Madness is coming on... :)
The vacuum is definitely for BOTH warps and interface resonance issues and worrks wonders on both.