Bad experience with ZYX AIRY 3

HI

The Airy 3 is very well rewiewed here in AUgon, in many other articles here and there on the web and seems to be much appreciated by a lot of audiophiles...
However did someone had himself a bad experience with this cartridge and for what reasons ?

André
tenmus
Subtract the effective mass of your arm from 18 or so.

Doug, what if the effective mas of the arm is 25-35 grams? Is this too much for a ZYX? My arm is an ET2 with 25-35 grams horizontal and 7 grams vertical effective masses. I'm thinking about a Bloom.
I am not sure the the compliance of the Bloom but my guess is you need a cartridge w. medium compliance or higher. Unless you can add weight at the headshell. Otherwise the bass will suffer.
Ketchup,

Adding weight at the headshell would make your horizontal eff. mass even higher. Doesn't seem like that's the right direction.

Assuming a horizontal eff. mass of 25 and using the usual formula gives a caluclated horizontal resonance frequency of 8.83 Hz, well within the safety zone.

If horizontal eff. mass is 35 horizontal resonance frequency would drop to 7.26 Hz, a bit lower than optimal.

It doesn't look like a serious mismatch. Lower compliance cartridges might be better matches "on paper", but I doubt you'd have any actual problems with a Bloom.
i am considering a zyx also.the universe is beyond my price range but would appreciate any advice on which others in their lineup might match well with my audible illusions 3a and vpi tnt junior tt with 12.5 arm.i have a manley amp so pretty much an all tube system.thanks guys.
Darkmoebius,
How did your experiment of adding 4 grams of Blue Tac to the headshell ever work out for you with your Fuji ?
Rgds,
Larry