Noisy Bellari VP 129?

I received a demo Bellari today & while trying to listen to it for the first time it was incredibly noisy. It is completely unlistenable. I can not turn the gain over the first mark without an objectionable amount of noise, almost feedback. If I turn the gain down & then turn the vollume up on my pre-amp the noise will be just as noticable. I also tried going direct into my amps without the pre-amp & have the same noise. I tried listening to the headphone amp & the noise is there as well. I wonder if it is the tube possibly? When I plug my table directly into my pre-amp there is no noise, although the gain is obviously not enough without the Bellari. I wish I had another tube to try but I do not unfortunately. This seems like I have a problem with the Bellari, has anyone else had this problem?
fishwater
I had enough, I went out and bought a new Cambridge Audio 640p. I can finally sit down & listen vs. try to fix. Should be a great weekend. Thanks for all your help guys, I appreciate it.
you're a man of action. Excellent. was the Cambridge plug n play (ie w/o noise)? As I mentioned, I had the issue with 2 different outboard phonos.
Plug & play for sure! It is a little noisy when I turn my vollume way up on the pre-amp but at normal levels with music playing it sounds fine. I can't wait to sit down tomorrow & start spinning!

My Bellari is obviously defective. I called tech support & they didn't even bother trying to walk me through anything else, they suggested I send it in or return it.
Fishwater, I'm sorry I wasn't able to provide more help. Mine seems to work just fine. At least it isn't going to tie up a lot of money while being repaired. I would certainly be looking for an explanation (or a refund) from the person who sold that to me.
It's OK, I am over it now. Products break, products are defective. It happens, I just move on. I am sure it is a great pre-amp but it just didn't work out for me.