Anybody heard Galibier or JC Verdier turntables?

I have finally narrowed my selection to these two turntables. HELP!!!!!!
Wondering if I could get some feedback on these turntables. Does anybody own these and or have any first hand experience. I am driving myself NUTS trying to decide between these two tables. The two tables are:

Galibier GAVIA or the JC Verdier LA PLATINE

Thanks
Rugyboogie
rugyboogie
Dear "Sir Douglas",unless you have compared the two tables in A/B comparisons,you are merely speculating as to what should sound like what!Also,an "important" aspect of the PV bearing system(or lack of)is that there will be no friction,like a good air bearing design.This surely will have a beneficial impact on performance.That is the "selling point",not reliability.
Sort of like your second favorite tonearm,s "claim to fame",the lack of a bearing resonant signature which negatively impacts the harmonic structure of music.
I'm assuming this,by now,based upon the time frame I was given,can be confirmed by the "probably great by now" Cello's system(not that it was chopped liver when I heard it).I'm assuming,of course,that he has gotten a nice package from Germany!!
But you most likely know this already. -:)

PS-I hope my post does not get too bad a "shrug" from the "great Paul",since you surely must know,by now,that my set-up has been down for a couple of months,and MR Scorpion is getting agitated,and may be waking again. -:)

Best regards!
Mark
Come to Denver with some of us May 13 and find out for yourself what a Galibier and Teres have to offer. Sorry, you'll have to find out what the PV sounds like on yer own. :)

Doug, your comments leave me wondering about bearings and the experiments you mentioned that Chris had tried. Thom is off, I believe to Toronto for the week, so we may not get a response from Galibier about bearing life. I know that you're probably considering that the Teres and Galibier bearing are similar, but I wonder how much they have grown apart.

I know Basis also uses a fairly hefty platter on their higher end tables. Those bearing last for quite some time. I have to admit I don't know the details of the differences in bearing designs between the tables discussed here.
Newbie curiosity: As the platter spins, is the repulsion of the magnets so precise and evenly distributed that the elevation of the platter remains constant within minimal tolerances? If so, it is impressive engineering. I assume that the minimal tug of the string pulling the platter does not disrupt the bearing holding the magnets in alignment.
SirSpeedy,

Interesting ideas about the PV's magnetic bearing. So when exactly did you hear a PV and a Galibier in the same system?

Dan,

I don't know where Thom may have taken his bearing, but the description on his site still sounds pretty familiar to a Teres owner.

Our new one is operating just fine. The experimental one failed but it was just an experiment. "Sir" Paul and I would prefer even harder materials for the bearing surfaces. Not only for longevity but for reduced friction, as emphasized by Bigbucks5 and SirSpeedy.
The magnets are very large in diameter. The shaft/sleeve (bearing) clearance is minimal. You can watch the platter rotate, and it doesn't move up and down at all. Different record weights affect platter height imperceptibly, and if it actualy does, would tend to compensate for the presumably thicker LP with respect to cantilever SRA.

If you think that's a problem, you can use the supplied ball bearing to fix the height of the platter so it is unaffected by weight increases or decreases. Some say the use of the ball improves performance by providing a path to the bearing housing for spurious vibrations.