Looking for moderate priced MC phono pre

I'm thinking of downsizing my analog system as I don't use it much any longer and can use the space. I'm looking for a moderately priced MC phono pre that offers cartridge loading options and can drive a long (15') run of IC. Tube is good, but not required. Any suggetions?
newbee
Thom (and others), thanks for your thougtful response. FYI you guessed my motivation for change, in part at least. My record collection has been purged of stuff which no longer interests me all me and is down to about 500LP's.

My silver disc collection which has most of the performances that I enjoy is up to about 5000. I just don't listen to LP's that much any more. I'm much more into performance issues and am growing less interested in format issues and pursuing the 'ultimate' audio system. In fact accepting the limitations of my equipment makes for more relaxed listening. No angst! :-)

Thanks all for the recommendations.
Newbee sounds like a good spot to be in. I know that for some of us the cost no option system is just not a reality. For my "reference" system I use the Jolida JD-9 for my phono pre, with a ZYX Yatra(.24mv). It's a tube unit, and can be had for $400 new. Good overall sound with some NOS Matsushita tubes, that only set me back $30. Good slam for a tube unit beat my Monolithic PS-1. Good value for the money,;)-~
I concur with Colitas on that Jolida JD9 unit. For some reason I don't want to like it and yet whenever I listen to it I thoroughly enjoy the music. It is a great value and though I am also considering a better phono pre, this will have to be something special to beat the sound of the Jolida.
I recommended the Jolida to a friend of mine who just got into vinyl and was on a tight budget. I hooked him up with some NOS Telefunken 12AX7s and he's in love with this phono stage. I am quite curious about it myself as a result of all these comments.
I'm hearing some very good reports about the AQvox 2CI from friends in continental Europe. It's sold direct from Germany with a no-risk trial period. I'll be hearing one next week so will report back further.

Otherwise, I'd be inclined to favor the Dynavector P75 or a used EAR 834P - the Dyna is less colored but the EAR has that tube "je ne sais quoi". Both are sought after used so could be moved on if they're not to your taste.