do i buy a linestage for my Air Tight ate-2 or

do i buy a linestage for my Air tight ate-2 (phono stage)or do i sell it & buy a full function pre-amp??
diamonddude184142
It depends on what level of system you are trying for. The Air Tight is capable of a very high level of performance. If you match it up with a high-end moving coil cartridge (usually with low output) you will want to stay with the low noise of a separate line stage.

I say keep it and build your system around it...preferably with other Air Tight separates.
Sell the airtight and get a Jadis dude. Or sell the Audionote and get a real cartridge.
smokester , im using a Kondo IO-j silver into the kondo step-up (sf-6z). i tried my friends Emotive (sira) with the Air-Tight and it sounded great, im just wondering if i get a full function pre-amp like a shindo or a jadis (that will have to be modified) will i get much better sound?

and no darren im not selling my kondo
diamonddude18,
Unfortunately, I have not had the pleasure of hearing either the shindo or jadis. From experience I hate painting myself into a corner by buying integrated and then having to change out the whole shebang when I am dissatisfied.

Also, If you are going for a very fine, full range system (and I infer that you are from the components you mention) it is difficult to get a quiet hi-performance tube phonoamp in a small box with a high density of components.

One of the nicest systems I have heard is all Air Tight, with ATM-211 SET monoblocks driving a pair of Sonus Farber Stradivarius (or is is Stradivarii?).