Building high-end 'tables cheap at Home Despot II

“For those who want the moon but can't afford it or those who can afford it but like to have fun and work with their hands, I'm willing to give out a recipe for a true high-end 'table which is easy to do, and fun to make as sky's the limit on design/creativity! The cost of materials, including 'table, is roughly $200 (depending, more or less), and add to that a Rega tonearm. The results are astonishing. I'll even tell/show you how to make chipboard look like marble and fool and impress all your friends. If there's interest I'll get on with this project, if not, I'll just continue making them in my basement. The next one I make will have a Corian top and have a zebra stripe pattern! Fun! Any takers?”

The Lead in “Da Thread” as posted by Johnnantais - 2-01-04

Let the saga continue. Sail on, oh ships of Lenco!
mario_b
THANKS, Mario.

Unfortunately the original PVC tire disintegrated and is no longer in existence. The best I can do is to measure a known good, metal idler for diameter and include a photograph showing the tire's profile.
Hi GP49,

It's possible that Ed Crockett held onto the old PVC tire that I sent along to him for reference with mine last year. If not, it's not super critical especially if you can trace the "V" profile. Diameter can be an "in the ballpark" matter - as the speed transfer from motor spindle to platter is linear.

- Mario
Hi Fellers, look at this thread on the Teres idler drive - apparently we are all idiots for "believing" in the Lenco and having any contact with one J. Nantais - an unofficial purveyer of idler wheel technology. They even have a picture of Jean in River City :)

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/vinyl/messages/67/676802.html
That was a humorous and ironic comment by "JD", but where do you see a photo of Jean?
Hi Mike!
Glad to see you back. Missed your irreve"rant" ways on many a forum over the last few months. Whatcha been up to? Any progress on Peter's designed top plate?
Mine is still mired in the design application phase -probably more dreaming than practical application (not having the tools to match my visions).
Anyway, great to hear from you!
- Mario