oil change t/t

whats the best oil to use for t/t bearing?
is 3 in 1 multi purpose oil good? or motor oil, if so which?
t/t is simon yorke
diamonddude184142
Because one if the automotive oils being hyped for TT use destroyed a low mileage/excellent condition Citroen engine (per my Citroen trained mechanic).

The oil manufacturer eventually admitted their product was not suitable for the engine, though you would not know this from their ad/spec copy.

Nothing special (;-) about the engine other than it being of 1960's design.

Better safe than sorry is why I avoid automotive and multi-purpose oils.

I use Singer "sewing" machine oil in Thorens decks (have since the early 1970's), but the SY TT bearing is different/unique with its stacked ball bearings.
spoke to steve (SOS) & my friend jeff at high water sound ,
they recommend Mobile Onefor best sound, but only if room temp. is about 70 degrees plus. or you must "warm up" the oil befor playing. which means spin the platter for about 10-15 min. befor listening.
seems a bit odd regarding the Mobil One oil. I thought the whole point of synthetic motor oil was it's properties do not change with temperature.
Arnold, the split viscosity rating (5W50, 10W30, etc.) of all motor oils has to do with differences in flow characteristics at startup "room" temperature and at full operating temperature. I would think that generally a heavier viscosity would be appropriate for a TT bearing, given its relatively low operating temperature. A synthetic oil is preferable because unlike fossil oil, it is not biodegradeable and thus is impervious to bacteria.