cartridge Benz, Koestu, Lyra

I have a Scout with a Benz Glider H2 currently, running through a AR PH5 phono pre. I am looking to upgrade my cart. Would a Lyra Helikon be overkill and would I have a problem with anti skate? I have heard the Koetsu Black and loved the airiness. Would a Benz woodbody give me any of that air? It's really difficult to listen to diffrent carts, plus they are always on a diiferent rig. I am probably going to buy used.
Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.
Jeff
jdodmead
Excellent choice. You will be very happy. Did you make a deal on a new or used Black. Which preamp in your system will you be using it with, I see you have 2.
I have an Audio Research PH5 phono pre going into a VTL Tl-5.5 tube pre-amp. Only one phono pre. The Black is used, but I'm told not even yet broken in.
The Black is used, but I'm told not even yet broken in.
Jdodmead

Well, I hope you are happy with it. If you play that game long enough though, you will get burned eventually.
John,
I realize that buying used is somewhat of a gamble. I do my best on making sure that the seller is trustworthy, either by feedback or some of the thread responses. I have yet to run into a dishonest Audiogoner. I also realize that shipping is also a gamble, especially with tubes and carts. I also do a lot of selling on this site, which helps with my own upgrading, there is definitely more bang for the buck and until I hit the lotto, I will keep buying more used equipment. At least until I get burned.
I do appreciate your warning and hope that you do not get the opportunity to say" I told you so" and I'm sure that you are not hoping for that to happen.
Jeff
>>The Black is used, but I'm told not even yet broken in.<<

It's a rule that every used cartridge for sale on Audiogon has less than 100 hours of careful use.

:-)