cartridge Benz, Koestu, Lyra

I have a Scout with a Benz Glider H2 currently, running through a AR PH5 phono pre. I am looking to upgrade my cart. Would a Lyra Helikon be overkill and would I have a problem with anti skate? I have heard the Koetsu Black and loved the airiness. Would a Benz woodbody give me any of that air? It's really difficult to listen to diffrent carts, plus they are always on a diiferent rig. I am probably going to buy used.
Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.
Jeff
jdodmead
Skala? I'd love to, but that there is one big jump. I don't think I will ever get a chance to try a cart in that caliber unless I win the Lotto. But again, I would love the opportunity, although it may be wasted on my tin ears.
Well in that case try the Ortofon Kontrapunkt B Cartridge, its sweet for the price you can probably find one for about $ 1000.
I just made the move from a Koetsu Urushi that I had for five years to a Lyra Helikon and I am gobsmacked by all that I was missing earlier. I am now a converted Lyra fan. What to do about the Urushi is now the question.
As much as I like the Black, you guys are already making me regret not getting a Lyra. So far I am happy with the Black and I will have to wait a while before I can try a Helikon.
Thanks
Jeff
Well I had a Lyra Helikon too, and it was a fabulous cartridge. I've also owned Benz Ruby 2H, Koetsu Rosewood Signature, Cardas Heart, Dynavector 20 XL, and many other great cartridges. What stopped my 'upgraditis' was the ZYX line. I plugged a ZYX Airy 3 in, and my Helikon was no longer the 'top dog'. I've since moved up to the ZYX UNIverse, and I am living happily ever after.

I know the UNIverse is expensive, but even the Airy 3 clearly beat the Helikon, and their prices are competative.

Jeff, I would say just enjoy your Koetsu Black for awhile. You made a good choice, now just enjoy the music. You'll find that if you get a 'top shelf' cartridge, it will make you want further upgrades, like a better table, arm, phono stage, etc. So there is a lot more involved than just the price difference of the cartridge. So unless you have $5K or so to put towards analog upgrades, just relax and enjoy what you have.

John