In the latest The Absolute Sound

In the latest The Absolute Sound there is an add by Axiss Audio with the Transrotor Apollon turntable with 3 tonearms. I have a similar setup minus the 3 tonearms, I do have 3 motors, 80mm platter, Transmotor Magnetic Drive (TMD) spindle bearing and quartz controlled power supply.

I can't wait for anyone of the reveiwers to get a hold of one of these to write a review. It would be interesting to see how it compares to the likes of the Walker Gold, SME20 and 30, and the VPI top dog, HRX. The brushed aluminum is absolutely stunning to look at and easy to clean.

It has been out in Germany for about 3 years now.

V/r
Audioquest4life
audioquest4life
I will say anybody without experience of an lp cleaner period, well of the automatic vacumme type is definatley a deprived audiophile or enthusiast.. Not only the ease of it, but the fact they can make some dud's sound incredible after treatment of the latest greatest super deep wash and Distilled rinse.

My only question is how long before cleaning the albums again? I have used mine for the last year and basically figure on tops 5 to 10 times of play on my favorites and that is not enough to really make them noisey again, they are all still dead silent and as dynamic as ever

Maybe 3 years before being to concerned on a re-treatment of the vinyl collection?
It simply cleans better than all others without any static problems others - can - have. There is a pic in my System from the Monks.
I have seen that German record cleaning machine used in a Hifi strore in Torornto Ontario, and he has had it for at least three years. Great machine.
Pcosta,

Arturo at Axiss mentioned his Canada dealer on a couple of occasions and that they had purchased two of the latest versions, perhaps the store you mention is the recipient.

The RCM from three years ago is a different model. I have no experience with that version, although it may clean just as well ?

I'm not certain what every change is, but I think the analog gauge mounted into the stainless steel top deck is one of the improvements. This displays the actual vacuum applied to the LP in the finish stage.

Mine is obviously very new, so new that the instructions are printed in German only, even though its the 120V USA version :^).

Fortunately my son speaks and reads some German, so between he and I we managed to get it unpacked, hooked up and running.

Thomas, I agree about static. My VPI 17F gets the LP completely dry at around 6 revolutions of vacuum. At that point, the LP is so charged with static that debris is drawn onto the surface before I can counteract with my Zerostat.
Regarding the Keith Monks. I have an older KMAL and it has a motor for the thread and a motor for the arm. No motor for the fluid, just a plunger type pump to get the fluid to the cleaning wand. It works really well.

Kim