Raven One

I was curious what the feedback has been on the baby Raven turntable. I can't afford the Raven AC. Does anyone know the cost? If the laws of diminishing returns apply, this should have great performance.

thanks for looking.
ducatirider
Hi emailists, in deciding to go for the Raven One, did you compare it with the Raven AC? I am contemplating between the two but will not get the chance to compare side by side.
Many thanks.
you had me shocked there for a minute emailists.
david: in europe reports are that the AC and One are very close. some listeners think the One is more dynamic (it is quite a bit lighter). for me the logistics of using a 190 lbs turntable is too cumbersome. there is a bit of buzz on pink fish media (i started a thread asking about the Vivid 2 tonearm)
http://63.99.108.232/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5
do a search for raven.
Ducatirider

Thank you for the link, this helps a lot.

I have the same issue as you, having a 50kg turntable and its dimension represents a challenge. The cabinet to house the turntable has not been made yet, so whatever I order will dictate the shape and foundation of this cabinet. Most likely I will make a decision next week, currently my decision swings from the AC to One every few days.

Looks like the Vivid tonearm is made by Jelco, a South African audio website reported that. From the Jelco website, they look similar to my eyes.

Best Regards
David Chang
The Vivid arm is Jelco and the American dealer confirms that it is similar to the Koetsu arm. If you search pictures on the net, they look very similar as well. Too bad I can't speak german. There's alot more german press out there.
Does anyone know the approximate dimensions (and ballpark pricing) of the Raven One and Raven AC (w/ & w/o 3-motors)? Thank you! I searched all over (including the twacustic.de site) to no avail.

Are Schroeder tonearms *actually* available? (Specifically the Referenz) Not just whether they are taking orders...are deliveries being made?

Can the Raven accept a 12" arm?

Thank you!