tonearm match ZYX Universe Moerch and Triplanar

I decided to take a much bigger analog plunge

I'm working with Mehran on a tonearm for a Zyx Universe
between the Moerch DP6 and Triplanar VII. Mehran is really great - a true audiophile gentleman.

the precise dial in setup of the triplanar interested me (particularly because I am a relative neophyte at this) but it's a bit more expense.

I currently have a Nottingham Spacedeck which I'll eventually upgrade from but the Moerch drops directly into the Spacedeck mount and others here tell me the Notts match well with the Moerch.

Can anyone commment on the synergy of these two with the Universe? later flexibility with other tables? any other helpful jewels of knowledge would be greatly appreciated (I don't want to limit myself like with the Spacedeck).

My listening preferences lean more toward correct tonal balance and engaging dynamics over ultra hi resolution. I listen to a lot of jazz, acoustic and rock music.

thanks

Tom
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xaudiotomb
Paul

thanks for the tip but it looks like I don't have access

the Nott base part is is 2/5/8 thick with only 5/8ths room below this. Unless I can find a way to hang it over the edge of the plinith it doesn't look like it will work

thanks
Tom
looks like a better VTA solution
Peter Riggle's VTAF - note ad "VTAF" on the gon and website
http://vtaf.com/
they are well liked on audio asylum as well

I like the Spacedeck custom small armboard
(no drilling required)

you can dial in vtf on the fly and get better tonal issues because the arm isn't clamped down tight

I'm going with the Moerch DP6 arm
now the added bonus of VTA

thanks to Motnic (tom) for the tip
Hi Tom

I think you are making a wise move by getting the Peter Riggle VTA on the fly with the Morch. The difference a VTA on the fly makes to the ability to fine tune goes beyond what I can express. I’ll never consider a setup w/o that ever again.

If I may ask; why do you not use one of the Nottingham arms? Did you find them not to your taste?

Regards
Paul
Paul

the nott arms are not in the same league
I have the graphite arm and it has a ringy tone
looking to upgrade and get synergy with a zyx cartridge
The ZYX can have a ringy tone in many arms. It is not that the arm is bad. It is that the match is bad.