Can you imagine a world without vinyl?

Can you imagine a world without vinyl?
I have been into vinyl for 49 years - since the age of 8 & cannot imagine a world without vinyl.
I started out buying 45's & graduated to 33's (what is now considered LP's).
I have seen 8 tracks come & go, still have a kazillion cassettes, reel to reel & digital cassettes - have both the best redbook player & SACD players available, but must listen to my "LP's" at least 2 hours a day.
I play CD's about 6 hours a day as background music while I'm working, but must get off my butt every now & then & "just listen to real music".
I admit to being a vinyl junkie - wih 7 turntables, 11 cartridges & 8 arms along with 35K albums & 15K 45's.
For all you guys who ask - Is vinyl worth it - the answer is yes!
Just play any CD, cassette, or digital tape with the same version on vinyl & see/hear for yourself.
May take more time & energy (care) to play, but worth it's weight in gold.
Like Mikey says "Try it, you'll like it!"
I love it!
128x128paladin
Paladin,

I admit to being a vinyl junkie - with 7 turntables, 11 cartridges & 8 arms along with 35K albums & 15K 45's.

I don't know how you have any room with that many LP's on hand !

Tell you what, I'm willing to come to your home and carry off a significant quantity of those old LP records, just because I'm a nice guy.

:^).
No I can't! And you are my new hero. I wonder how much your collection weighs?? Incredible system too. You must be the kid in the vinyl candy store.
I am presently at a point with my analog set-up, in which I am not even tempted to play cds. I am grateful for the continuing release of new vinyl; re-issues, as well as the current. Without vinyl playback I likely would have lost interest in high end. My love for music, especially contemporary jazz performances, demands I continue buying cds,and I do enjoy those Japanese mini lps.

I could not agree more...extra work...declaratively worth it.
Paladin, I'm with you.

My only question is, at this point, how do you really know that you have 50,000 33s and 45s? That would entail about 14 hours of non-stop counting assuming counting 1 per second!
Yeh, well, when you get a decent hifi system like the new bose super surround concert in a box with noise elimination headphones you'll realize what you've been missing. When you do I will be happy to store your old unusable LP's for you to celebrate your discovery of modern technology. Yeh, that's what I'll do.