Can you imagine a world without vinyl?

Can you imagine a world without vinyl?
I have been into vinyl for 49 years - since the age of 8 & cannot imagine a world without vinyl.
I started out buying 45's & graduated to 33's (what is now considered LP's).
I have seen 8 tracks come & go, still have a kazillion cassettes, reel to reel & digital cassettes - have both the best redbook player & SACD players available, but must listen to my "LP's" at least 2 hours a day.
I play CD's about 6 hours a day as background music while I'm working, but must get off my butt every now & then & "just listen to real music".
I admit to being a vinyl junkie - wih 7 turntables, 11 cartridges & 8 arms along with 35K albums & 15K 45's.
For all you guys who ask - Is vinyl worth it - the answer is yes!
Just play any CD, cassette, or digital tape with the same version on vinyl & see/hear for yourself.
May take more time & energy (care) to play, but worth it's weight in gold.
Like Mikey says "Try it, you'll like it!"
I love it!
128x128paladin
It would be harder to imagine a world without the Compact Disc than Vinyl....yeah vinyl sounds good but is difficult and expensive to get the performance and ease you get with even an average CD player. Also having Disc players in cars and portable stereos has made many more contributions to society the Vinyl, is Vinyl better?, I in some ways think yes and in many ways think no......let the debate roll on.
Perhaps "high-end" refers to the High, Harsh end of the musical spectrum which CDs are so efficient at? That grain which makes you want to turn the "music" down, after a whole CD of listening, and, reaching for the bottle (of Tylenol) to sooth the headache brought on by the digitized bits of daggers drilling into your little over abused (by marketing hype) heads?
Oh...
I'm sorry, just teasing.
But, do get up once in a while. You'll get a pressure sore if you don't get up off the couch.
Can you imagine a world with out the couch, too? And the Tylenol?
If my listening room weren't also the living room, I'd eliminate the couch and make a permanent dancefloor.
If I imagine a world without vinyl, I imagine the death of high end audio, How many manufacturers will go under when it is finally accepted (in an imaginary world lets say) that Digital is better than vinyl.
I heard not without sadness a couple of months ago a friend tell me that he was trying to sell his beloved Leika camera with the complete set of lenses and could get nothing on Ebay, he even accepted, yes digital photos in high res are better, much better than film. I had heard this statement already from another photographer friend of mine and we also discussed the issue of digital images bieng much more convenient (nobody here will dare challenge this statement). So there goes my dark room, my 3 big trays, my gallons of liquid, my red lamp, my special table with metal margins, all the parafernalia for developing I have stored somewhere...imagine a world without vinyl?
Imagine a Teres wood turntable half burnt inside a dumpster in a NYC street, imagine your Triplanar arm stuck with no box in your sock drawer cause you didnt have the guts to throw it away, you pick it up and a thread from your wool sock is stuck on the needle of your Koestu Urushi, you proceed to very carefully with shaking hands unwrap the thread from around the stylus when you notice it is completely ruined, imagine your 50 boxes of LPs out in the yard under the rain and you are looking at them with a tear in your eye while your grandsons are thowing stones at the boxes with who knows what inside, you are holding in your hand a remote with a screen on it and all the music in those boxes is at your palm, alphabetically ordered by song by author by performer and yes it does sound better, you remember the ten times you rehooked your Micro Seiki 8000 only to notice after the first couple of minutes your new XXX internet player does sound better, you kinda remeber now that there were some details you enjoyed better on you TT only to realize again that for the eleventh time you might drag the air pump from the basement, lift the 40 pound platter and rehook the entire setup to be shown again that yes, it is not better that the new digital.

Did I paint a clear enough picture of a world without vinyl yet?

Hope I didnt break anybodys heart....