UNIverse Cu ,XV-1S,Shelter 9000 wt BATVkp10seSupe

I have a TNT6 with 12.6 arm. I am very happy with my Shelter 901 cartridge. I can run the BAT direct without utilizing the step up amp. I like that. The Zyx universe copper has a very low output and mass which would require the step up Amp and silver weight. The Dynavector will not require alteration in mass or the Step up. And how about the shelter 90x or 9000. They will mate well with output and mass. But is there a significant improvement over my 901? Now I really do love my current setup but would consider up grading if significant improvement could be had. What do you think? My music is JAZZ and Rock. Richard
hamburg
I swapped from a 901 to a 90X. I'm using a tweaked VPI Aries (heavy platter, sds, etc.), JMW10 and a VKP10SE and listen to Rock and a little bit of everything else. To me it was a worthwhile upgrade because I feel like I got a noticable improvement in the midrange without losing what I love about the 901. FWIW, the 90x didn't sound very good (tinny)until I put in about maximum level of damping fluid, perhaps this somewhat compensates for less than ideal compliance matching.
I have the 90X with an LP 12/Ittok LV II. I listen to acoustic jazz 90%. I also have an Asthetix Rhea. I switched from the Benz line to the Shelter last spring. The 90X's claim to fame is the frequency extension. The reviews state that it combines the attributes of the 501/901 into one cartridge. I'm sure you already know that at the level you are improvements are generally incremental if at all. My dealer steered me away from the Zyx line to the Shelter because I prefer warm/lush. I don't regret the decision.
Dear Richard: The 90X is a very good choice and an improvement in the quality sound reproduction over the 901.

The XV-1s is a very good cartridge too but has a different presentation than the 90X: it has a more natural/neutral balance and IMHO overall is a little better.

Both are great with your kind of music, my choice: XV-1s but you can't go wrong with either.

Btw, I understand that HW use the XV 1s like his reference in its own VPI products, this could means something, don't you think?

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
>>this could means something, don't you think?<<

It could mean there is a very close business relationship, don't you think?