Vintage vinyl or new reissues?

Can someone comment on this subject. Preferably someone who has compared the old with new reissues. For example would a new sealed bob dylan highway 61 revisted, released by columbia always sound better than good reissues? How does one approach this question?
In the context that both the records are clean, mold, warp and scratch free and in like new condition. This thread is not about price but about which, if executed properly, will deliver the best SONIC results. Thanks.
vertigo
Vertigo, this is a complicated subject and it varies a lot by specific record. The key factor is the mastering and pressing quality of the two records you're comparing.

One certainty in all of this is that you can tell nothing based on the record being sealed. The original releasing company made many many re-pressings of popular records and the quality from pressing to pressing can be all over the map. What matters is the matrix information inscribed in the deadwax of the record, and you can't get to that if the record is sealed. The matrix and other deadwax information will allow a knowledgeable person to tell something about the provenance of that record: who did the mastering, was it from an early stamper, is it a later reissue, etc. Even then, pressings vary by plant doing the pressing and from what stage in the life of a given stamper the particular LP came (was it within the first thousand LPs stamped, or the last five thousand). And for popular music recordings, very usually the earlier the stamper and mastering, the better the sound quality.

Many of the recent reissues have been simply superb and I've found myself preferring many of these more recent reissues to early originals (based on my listening priorities and what is important to me sonically, of course). The reissues will always sound at least *different* from an original. I can tell you that the Sundazed mono reissue of Dylan's "Highway 61" sounds great on my system. It's also virtually noise-free, something that will be hard to find looking for an original.

Sorry to be so general and non-specific, but I don't believe there is any simple general answer to your question. The answer is very much record-by-record specific.
the newer columbia budget vinyl isn't the greatest. like most vinyl..old vs new...original vs re-issue...its all a title by title opinion. on highway 61 revisited, i literally have 9 total copies on lp (all are various cbs releases from the uk(2), japan(2), france(1), germany(1), and the u.s.(2 originals) and a simply vinyl re-issue(1). i have 'one' origial us stereo sealed but i'm not going to open it. the two different japanese mini discs still best the vinyl. the sundazed stuff is good, but as far as dylan its mono, and it sounds good, but the original stereo mix of 61 still rules. the only rule that applies to buying vinyl is you most be insane. anyone looking for a sealed copy of the sopwith camel?
My opinion - vintage vinyl, I haven't met a remaster that tops the orignal pressing yet...