Is analog & vinyl anoying? Is it worht it.

Yeah it may be better than digital. But come on. 3K+ for a cartridge. Cleaning machines. Preamps. VTA adjustments. noisy records. expensive software. By the time you get it all set up you are ready to just turn on the tv and watch Sportscenter. Is there any alternative?
gregadd
Greg, I imagine going to an opera, recital, and concert is just a total no-no for you. I mean, having to book tickets ahead of time, then on the day of the event having to shower, get dressed, drive, find parking, stand in line etc. is just a real passion killer? Yep, how can that possibly beat watching sport in your boxer shorts? ;-)

Ultimately, if you enjoy something, a little extra effort isn’t a factor. But that’s only if you really like it. If good sound isn’t worth even the slightest effort then CD isn’t a bad option.

LOL@Avguygeorge. It takes you ten to fifteen minutes to put on an LP?

Regards
Paul
I'm with Elizabeth. I've picked up large collections just sitting in front of dumpsters. Much junk BUT many gems. Getting them to full life (ie. cleaning with various solutions) is half the fun.

When it comes to the table,arm,cartridge,....blah,blah,blah you really should just start with a cheap table and make DIY improvements. My P25 sounds atleast 3x better then when I got it new.

Just have fun with it and STOP LETTING EVERYONE MAKE YOU SOOOOO SERIOUS ABOUT IT.
Having been the vinyl route in college I can only say that digital music reproduction is the single biggest advance in audio in the last 50 years.

The constant honing of devices for digital reproduction means that I (disclaimer: me-personally only and no one else & not to construed as disrespect to any analogue device nor to say vinyl is dead) will never own a TT again.
Tvad, sounds very cool, a family connection to your hobby that you can look at every day. Great stuff!

There is one last thing that I like about turntables. As machines, I find them to be quite beautiful. So many of the machines of today have the mechanisms hidden within them, anonymous black boxes, appliances really. Turntables are pretty much right out there; the mechanism is there to behold and enjoy. Deconstructivist, by nature. Kind of like that visible human body model that we all built as kids. Not to make too much of it, but in some philisophical way, it is both an anachronism and futuristic all at the same time.
Whether it's a 1968 Corvette L-88 or 2007 Corvette Z-06, which is best for you is a personal decision.
Audiofeil (Threads | Answers)
I sometimes miss my Guldstrand modified 2002 Corvette convertible. :(

Damn thing had a leaky seal between the top and the window, so it had to go...

Talk about beautiful design, though!