Is analog & vinyl anoying? Is it worht it.

Yeah it may be better than digital. But come on. 3K+ for a cartridge. Cleaning machines. Preamps. VTA adjustments. noisy records. expensive software. By the time you get it all set up you are ready to just turn on the tv and watch Sportscenter. Is there any alternative?
gregadd
Comparing seedee's to vinyl...Vinyl has such a greater frequency response than redbook that it is really an unfair comparison.

Since the emergence of SACD and DVD-A the gap has closed so recently-recorded music using these new digital formats has a chance to sound as good--and sometimes better than--vinyl.

There is also the possibility of downloading "studio master" quality hi-rez digital to a music server. Probably this is the way of the future but not much softerware is availble, yet.

Most of my attentive listening is with vinyl.
To get digital to sound as good as analog (yes it is possible), it takes nearly as much tweaking and patience. There's really no substitute for fine-tuning a system to get the best out of any technology. The idea that analog is somehow better than digital (done right), is basically just holding onto yesterday.
04-09-07: Brauser
To get digital to sound as good as analog (yes it is possible), it takes nearly as much tweaking and patience.
My experience with digital does not support this conclusion, although I respect that Brauser's experience is different from mine.
Dear Gregadd: Whart posted, +++++ " I have over 8,000 LPs at this point " +++++ and " I guess I am committed. ".

This is all about.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Greater frequency response?.....you sure about that???????

I have disc's that I dont think could be cut on Vinyl because of the bass, I could be wrong but I think you are mistaken.