Is analog & vinyl anoying? Is it worht it.

Yeah it may be better than digital. But come on. 3K+ for a cartridge. Cleaning machines. Preamps. VTA adjustments. noisy records. expensive software. By the time you get it all set up you are ready to just turn on the tv and watch Sportscenter. Is there any alternative?
gregadd
Don't worry TVAD. I have not found any amp I like better than the 401hr. But I will have a lot of fun finding a vinyl front end. Maybe I'll even get a Loricraft record cleaner. By the time the weather turns cold I'll be back in the saddle. "The good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise."
Hey real quick does anyone use battery power supply for Phono Stage? I have a Musical Surroundings Phonomena wich I got at cost, I can also add the DC power supply at cost wich would put both at just over retail for stage alone.
I am not a rich man so I try to make the most out of my money, is DC power going to make a big change? If anyone actually uses this exact combo I would be grateful for impressions, thanks
No its not annoying, yes its worth it. I am guessing that most of the discontent are from the younger generation. When you are used to easy its hard to actually doing something, like what it takes to enjoy vinyl LP playback, cleaning LPs, setting up and keeping your rig in top playing condition, getting up and flipping LPs, thats hard stuff. yea right.
I just did a comparing between Led Zeppelin two CD and LP, the CD is not even close, the LP has slam, involvement, intimacy, and is so much more enjoyable. Heck its a blast when traveling seeking out record stores or other means of searching out LPs. Its fun. And sometimes you find a real gem. For my music preference more music is available on LP.
That being said music is the most important thing. thats why we are into this hobby. some of the other posts mentioning musical enjoyment from ipods, music servers, ect. is fine and i am all for it.
But when it comes time for serious sit down music listening its got to be vinyl playback. JMO
Chadnilz, my darTZeel NHB-18NS preamp, which includes a phono stage (you can have up to 4 separate phono stages installed) is battery powered.

darTZeel preamp

although it is the best phono stage i have heard; there are many great phono stage's i have not heard. it's not cheap but it's wonderful. IMHO battery power; properly executed, is the way to go for preamps.....i don't believe in battery power for amps.
You really sounds as though you should not be in this forum. You should be spending your time with your tv.