Is analog & vinyl anoying? Is it worht it.

Yeah it may be better than digital. But come on. 3K+ for a cartridge. Cleaning machines. Preamps. VTA adjustments. noisy records. expensive software. By the time you get it all set up you are ready to just turn on the tv and watch Sportscenter. Is there any alternative?
gregadd
Let's see now if I go with the Stax headphones and tube amp I can have a killer system. No vinyl. No room treatment. No cables. Think of the money I can save. No complaints form the neighbors.
I feel that vinyl simply produces more realistic sound...a feeling of immediacy. It's a "je ne sais quoi" tht makes vinyl sound more musical...something that one cannot evaluate in an A-B test.
I started setting up my system about 3yrs ago with CD player. While hunting for CD player upgrade I stumble upon vinyl played thru a cheap NAD integrated amp with Linn Sondek. I was so taken by the vinyl sound, that I went on a massive buying spree purchasing 2000-3000 LPs, most of it original thru ebay and online purchases. All u got to do to understand the difference between vinyl and CD is to check out Civil War Vol 1, Mercury LPSD 2-901. The booklet that comes with this LP is a history book of American civil war !!! This something you can never get from CD. There is a saying , where there is love , nothing is too much trouble and there is always time. Off course occasionally I m lazy , then I will play my tuners. Easy, non stop free music- no trouble but merely played for the love of music. Happy listening
I played the Mobile Fidelity release of Bernard Herrmann's Fantasy Film World on 200 grams vinyl yesterday. Wow, that was the first time I heard a 200 grams vinyl release. Of course this was an audiophile release, so not only the quality of the vinyl was outstanding, but also the preparation of the stamper, the pressing procedure and the remastering job. 200 grams vinyl is quite heavy you know... It is also a sort of physical experience to hold this record in your hands and to put in on the turntable.

Chris