The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Wow, so many speakers, so little time. I heard thousands and owned hundreds so it is difficult to compare them all as the room, setup, components, and source material were all different. Add to that I have changed in my listening tastes and even hearing changes as you age. Having said that, right now I have a pair of Dunlavy C-IVs that sound incredible as well as a pair of little known Digital Phase AP-4s which might be even better. A friend came over today and we A/B'd them for a bit and both felt te AP-4s were a bit more accurate and dynamic. The SC-IVs though have a certain musical quality in the sweet spot that is very seductive just 'right'. Longer term listenng to both will definately be required as space constraints dictate I only keep one. I have to concede though; the journey can be as enjoyable as the destination at times...
Beveridge 2SW2 (coherency), Hill Plasmatronics (holographic imaging), Rogers LS3/5a - 15 ohm variety (my first foray, mid-late 70's, into high-end), mbl 101E (great system synergy in all mbl reference rig) and Bev Model III's (my current transducer).
In 1971 - 2-pairs of KLH9s, JanZen ESLs for center channel and ambience plus 2 K-horns used as subs. The K-horns had a high cutoff of 100 Hz and 40db of boost at 10Hz--I'm not making any of this up. Most will say that K-horns don't give any support below 40Hz--they might lose coupling with the room and they might lose efficiency but they will load the cone all the way down. In this case, the K-horns were transformed from a, say, 80% efficient speaker into a 0.1%, or so, efficent speaker. The effect was terrifying. Source was an Ampex 350 and 15ips dubs from the original masters.
The only thing even close were Tannoy Autograph Pros (dual 15" dc)