selling vinyl and feeling?

I was just wondering how many fellow audiogoners have sold off their lp collections and are having regrets or are glad and completely happy staying with cd and sacd?
schipo
I've made a lot of mistakes in my life... thankfully, this was not one of them.

Happy listening!

04-28-07: Uraniumcommittee
I believe that a lot of the so-called 'resurgence' in vinyl is caused by high CD prices....many are finding old gems are much cheaper to obtain as used LPs. What are new LPs selling for?

Well, sort of, but you have to factor in the price of a turntable to get started.

My personal resurgence in vinyl is because after 20+ years of pretending that CDs provide satisfying music, I threw in the towel--I don't get the emotional response I get with vinyl, so I bought a turntable instead of yet another upgraded CD/SACD/DVD-A/DVD player.

Most new LPs cost more than CDs. They start at about $15.99 and shoot up rapidly from there. Many are around $20; the new Warner 180g reissues are $24.98--like an XRCD or nicer SACD. Nice remastered LPs from Speakers Corner or Classic Records are $30-32.

I got back into vinyl for the musical enjoyment. I'd rather have a library of 80 LPs that I return to again and again than 800 CDs I dread playing.
Johnnyb53, you cannot argue with Uranuscommittee. He is the authoritative expert on all things digital, analogue, transistor, vacuum tube and transformer. He knows it all.

With his 20 y/o CD player and transformer fed Stax earphones, he hears the very best and he KNOWS you are wrong in liking vinyl. :-)

Regards
Paul
I sold off (more aptly, sold out) my LPs and went digital some time ago. A couple of engineering buddies convinced me that digital was better. I should have had the presence of mind to listen to their Hifis before taking their advice.

I regret selling the LPs I had before, but fortunately I have managed to replace everything I had (and then some) so it is no real train smash. I made a mistake, but I was able to correct it.

I managed to trade most of my CD’s in for used LP’s at a local store. Now that’s something I won’t regret ... ever.

Regards
Paul
04-30-07: Johnnyb53
"Well, sort of, but you have to factor in the price of a turntable to get started."

Not if you already had one, or inherited one from your father, or got one used, cheap.