Good low-price cartridge for listening to rock.

Currently, I have an Ortofon Super OM10 mounted to a Music Hall MMF5, Ballari pre-amp, Cerwin Vega LS-10s, and a Cayin 50T amp. Origionally, I was thinking about a OM20 needle upgrade but I have read some negative reports on it. Was also considering a Grado Gold, but I tend to shy away from it because I have heard some problems with those cartridges as well. One cartridge that looks interesting according to the reviews is the AT440MLa by Audio Technica - everybody seems to rave about it and says it can be compete with cartridges that are far more money.

Does anybody have any suggestions or comments on the cartridge.
marntz4me
Yes I have used ZYX cartridges (R50 BLOOM) for example which do a nice job for the money, talk to Mehran from Sorasound.
Well the Grado that Marantz4me was considering is $180 and the AT is $89. The Zyx at $600 MSRP seems a little steep for the "low price" category but maybe Mehran will discount it to $200.
In my second system I have used the OM-10, and now have the 440mla, which is not quite broken in yet. The 440 is really much, much better, But only when VTA is just right, probably due to the MicroRidge stylus. It is a no brainer at $89.00. You may find the Shure M97He to be a good choice if you want a warmer sound, though it is not as clear and detailed as the AT. It is less expensive at around $65.00 and, like the AT, is a champ tracker. Don't discount the AT95E either, for around $50.00 this is a very good cartridge that is not particularly VTA sensitive and tends to work without a lot of fuss. It has less detail than the current 440, but is a bit warmer and fuller. If you can spring for a bit more dosh, the Denon high output moving coils are truly excellent as well and have beautifully polished stylii. The DL110 is only around $110.00 and the DL160 around $160.00. Their output is a little lower than the MMs so seek guidance when using them with the Bellari. But they have a much smoother, more liquid sound and are definite contenders for their meager prices.
I am really leaning toward the AT 440mla. One last question if you can answer this. Since my new amp does not have a balance control and the new AT cartridge has twin magnets (I think?)- did anybody notice uneven volume with this cartridge? I might of read somewhere that the gold had this sort of problem.

Thanks for you help!
I found the Goldring 1042 (1012 with less sophisticated stylus shape is less $) to be a great cartridge for rock. Others have dissed it, so yer mileage may vary.