Deep Cleaning Records With Steam?

It has happened again. Major tweak and record provider has available a steam cleaner made especially for records. Anybody try steam for cleaning lp’s? What were your results? Since a unit can be had for about $20 at Target, 15% of what the tweak provider is charging, is it worth a try?.
tiger
Dan_ed : I think you bring a lot to the discussion. The only concern is in regards to putting anything other than H2O in the heating tank. I am not challenging your assertions; it just that All pressured heating tanks can explode something I want to avoid at all costs. I believe Maple uses a "dry" vinegar to mix in the tank of the SF-227. Do as you feel is safe : Please review your directions to avoid problems. All the best.
All there is no doubt about it rinsing with high grade water is a very important part of vinyl cleaning. And doing that a few times completes the job for better playback and sound.
Sunnyboy I'm glad steaming is working out better for you now.
In the end its the sound that matters and nothing else. Steamed cleaned LPs will bring that goal of better sound to those who give it a try. IMHO
Last night I used double distilled water, cost about Rs.200 a gallon or USD 5 or so. Along with a final rinse this has made a huge difference. Am beginning to enjoy vinyl I had acquired 25/30 years ago. Must confess that previous attempts to clean the same lps with a VPI 16.5 and the AVI one step were not successful.At last its payback time for the vast sums spent on my vinyl rig.
Tiger, Creml, Stltrains and all the others on this thread : Gentlemen thank you for taking my vinyl experience to a new level.
Sunnyboy1956 : The very best in analog to you. Thanks for joining the revolution , tell your friends: With Steam (And A Good Rinse) Vinyl Rules !
Tried this method tonight for the first time - results were EXCELLENT. Thanks to all who have posted information and advice. Opens up the sound and I hear more than ever before. As others have noted, it does expose the flaws or damage in an LP like never before. All the more reason to treat your LPs well.

FYI, I picked up the Perfection brand hand steamer (recommended here) at Walgreen's yesterday. It was on sale for $19.99 here in Chicago. Not sure how long the sale is on.

Jon