Considering going Vinyl--Please talk me out of it

I'm standing here on the vinyl cliff,peering over the edge...I had a TT in the eighties & nineties, an AR with the Underground Sound mods by George Merrill from Memphis, TN. It got destroyed in a series of moves, and my vinyl disappeared. I have a perfectly good CD player(Denon 1650AR),EAD PM2000 amp & EAD Ovation plus prepro, & thiel 2.3's. I would need a phono preamp before I could run whatever TT I obsess over enough to buy, as the Ovation has no phono stage. Push me over, or save me! mb
Ag insider logo xs@2xmichaeljbrown
Go for it, as many have suggested especially if you are not into new music, thats what cds are for.

For me it is somewhat of an o o o obsession... whew I finally got that out!

I agree with Joe from Seattle
"Just DO NOT TRY ANY TUBE AMPLIFICATION!!!!!!!!! That way lies insanity, "they're coming to take me away, ha, ha" "

Have fun
Though I've not heard your Denon CDP, based on posted reviews this unit looks to be basically decent but compromised in the areas of cheap op amps in the analog stage, clock, and bridge rectifiers. You might have a chat with Reference Audio Mods or one of the other modifiers regarding upgrade options.
Mod the player no stock player will touch it for anywhere near the price. Of course that depends on what they are modding for 900. And by the way Thiels and tubes are a wonderful match.

Chuck