a record cleaning device and proper method

Hi,
right now all I have to clean my record collection that is coming out of long storage is the super record wash from Record Research labs a nice brush I bought from the distributor and I dry them with a clean cloth . This is not really right and I tried it this way to see if I could get a way with not having to buy a machine . I have a lot of really nice classical albums and I wont to clean them properly so a machine is ,I guess absolutely necessary ? If so which one, used ,should I buy ? and do I need an additional type of fluid to go along with the supper wash ? I know I need to vacum the fluid off .
I'm sorry if this question has come up many times before .

Thank you all !
Alex
alexthe
>>remember, I'm a tightwad<<

Actually you're quite practical, not a tightwad.

Record cleaning fluids are 99% water and in no way, shape, or form is a $40/quart price justified. Unless of course you're into clocks, pebbles, and teleportation. Then it makes sense.

It is not rocket science although the vendors and even some posters here would have you believe so.

A RCM is quick and convenient but manual cleaning wins hands down all day long.
I know how to steam vegetables but please explain to us ,how steam clean on records,works.
Thanks
George
I brought my classical records out of long storage, and was pleased that the ones I had cleaned with my VPI machine 15+ years ago (and kept in boxes in climate controlled storage) still sounded great. And the VPI still worked as well. I bought some of the MoFi cleaner (both the super and the regular...all of which is the same as the RRL, I think), and some new sleeves, and started acquiring more Lps (mostly 2nd hand). The VPI and the MoFi have worked great. They can't cure a scratch, but they can get the crud up almost always, giving me very quiet surfaces, and the process is easy.

I've never tried steam, so I know nothing about it.