Graham Phantom vs Triplaner

Wondering about the sonic traits of both these arms compared to each other.

- which one has deeper bass,
- which one has the warmer (relative) balance
- which one is compatible with more cartridges
- which one has the better more organic midrange
- which one has the greater treble detail.
- which one plays music better ( yes this is a more subjective question ).
- which one goes better with say the TW acoustic raven TT.
downunder
Right on Larry. The time I spent with AJ this year was a hoot! BTW, he owns a company called Basis. He makes turntables. VERY good turntables. SOTA, even. Logic dictates, his Vector follows suit. Couldn't agree more on the "best" issue, ( I quote mfgrs and rags in my statement that "three arms are mentioned...) But as you may have noticed, I do take exception to the close minded, the arrogant and the stubborn. Proposing that the best one can afford is "best" is, well, ignorance. No bueno. The best one can afford is nothing more, and nothing less, than the best one can afford. You also nailed it, as far as the basic character remaining. Tuning and tweaking are the finishing touches, not night and day. Finite changes mean much more at the tippy top. A quality arm design will, in fact, accommodate many, many, carts. The three that are always mentioned meet this design parameter, absolutely. Z.
Z

The rim drive from memory was being use on Mike Herron's own HRX. yea it looks a little hatty

12 inch hifi+ on its way
D, These guys must have been on herron. HA! There I go, cracking myself up again. The improvement has to be huge, judging by the way these two were carrying on. They weren't working or showing product. They were over the moon showing everybody something they DON'T sell! I want an HRX! THX for the review. Do you also have the issue with the 312S? Z.
Z

312S in part 2 with the brinkman, consonance & cartridge man linear tracking arm.
You can't just go to the summary dude!!