Gingko vs. pucks

I have a Scout and would like to add some isolation. Currently it just sits on top of my rack. I wanted to know if anyone has experience with the Gingko cloud isolation platform or something similar vs. the Aurios/BDR pucks or something along those lines. The Aurios were recommended by the Hot Stampers guy, whatever his name is. Thanks in advance.
Ag insider logo xs@2xkmulkey
Decoupling platforms make a significant improvement with an unsprung TT like the Scout, even when the TT is solidly sited on a cement floor or on a wall mount. The only hypothesis I can think of to explain why a decoupling platform helps in these instances, is that in addition to decoupling from external room vibrations, the plaform acts to transfer internal vibration from stylus, plinth & motor into benign LF motion. There are probably very few hard-composition platforms that don't reflect internally generated vibration back into the TT. I suggest trying $50 worth of McMaster Carr springs under the Scout in the manner of my DIY plaform. I can think of no decoupling system other than springs with the ability to discharge energy as benign LF oscillations. Even air bladders cannot achieve this.

I know a Scout owner who successfully used a spring platform with his TT on a wall mount, and an AC Raven owner who noted improvement even on solid cement floors. The problem with this approach is it's too cheap for audiophiles to take seriously, and it isn't as aethetically satisfying as splitting hairs over the properties of exotic hardwoods.
"No, I did not take it as confrontational...just beyond my grasp I guess."

As you can see, Kmulkey, you are not alone.

To answer your question, I am not saying there is nothing that can be done. In fact, I'm saying just the opposite.

And though kitty litter, tennis balls, hand balls, hockey pucks, bicycle inner-tubes, air bladders, beach sand, sorbathane, etc. all have their place in life, there's a few of us coming from a different perspective who in good conscience could never recommend such materials for high-end audio.

I checked out your web site, Vinh Vu. I can see you've enjoyed much success. Congratulations.

-IMO
For what it's worth, mine is also on cement floor. I was really surprised at the improvement.
Post removed 
my father installed a Ginko under his Scoutmaster 3 weeks ago and it tightened things up tho a new cart was installed at same time but I sincerly believe it made a nice improvement.