How many People own Working Reel to Reel Decks?

I just bought a very nice condition Revox A-77 on Ebay and I have to say I love the sound of tape. I wish I had done this years ago when it made more sense. I see that good quality reel to reel decks are getting snapped up on Ebay and I am wondering who is buying them and what they plan on listening to (prerecorded music or tapes they make). How many people here on audiogon actually own a reel to reel that works and they use it regularly? Thanks.
Mark
mepearson
After trying out most of the good digital sources and LPs, the idea of finding a way to get closer to the ultimate master tapes that were used to make the those nice CDs and LPs, triggered my interests in tapes. There are significant developments along with finding decent pre-recorded tapes on ebay: The Tape Project may have been one of the most influential thing to happen.

I've collected few hardware within last few months mostly Otaris and Studers... I will tacle the software next.
i've been getting into RTR since last summer.....when i subscribed to 'The Tape Project'.

so far i have a stock Technics RS-1500 and a refurbed Ampex ATR-102 in my room. I have also purchased a Studer A-820, which is being updated and 'gone thru' by a Studer expert.

regarding software; so far i have 5 of 'The Tape Project' 15ips 1/4" tapes, a few more 15ips 'master dubs' of questionable source; and about 150 various ebay 7 1/2ips commercial tapes of various qualities.

i think RTR decks are way cool......i cannot yet say exactly how good they can sound.....but i'm working on that.
Jsman, which tape deck do you like the best? How does the Revox sound compared to the Otari?
I own an Akai 4000DS MKII that I bought new over 30 years ago! I haven't used it for quite some time, but have some great original studio recordings on reel which I recorded straight from master tape at a time when I worked in a recording studio. This thread gives me the itch to hook her up again!
Mike-Wow!! You own some awesome decks! If your Technics RS-1500 deck is stock, which deck are you using to play back the tape project tapes? The technics doesn't have the IEC playback equalization that was used to make the tape projects's tapes. Please tell us how the tape project tapes sound, specially compared to commerical 71/2ips reel to reel tapes.