Music Hall 7 owners

Looking for a new cart sub 1000.00 range for all types of music (classical-punk). Suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
128x128jpainter236
I actually have the 7.1. All I've done so far is put a Herbies way excellent mat on and changed the IC's to Kimber Hero's. Oh, Music Hall sent me a replacement cart. The HO Eroica had a channel balance prob. They sent the LO as a replacement.

The clamp. Sometimes I use it, sometimes not.... just depends on how lazy I feel....
I have a heavily modded Rogue Audio Magnum 99 preamp with the built-in phono stage (modded as well). I'm running NOS tubes in there now too. Real happy with the sound of vinyl in my system. Warm and very involving. I use the included record clamp always. Tried it without for a while, prefer sound with. If I ever get enough cash my next TT will be a Basis, but for now I'm diggin' spinning plastic on the MMF-7.
I am using a Benz Glider LO, paired with EAR 834P. I think it sounds great, a big improvement over the Eroica HO. Surface noise was reduced and the sound is more lively and better bass. I have since tried the Eroica on another arm/table and finally came to the conclusion that I just am not excited by that cartridge. I also use an anniversary ringmat, a speedbox MKII (highly recommended, if only for the convenience of switching speeds--it makes you more eager to purchase those 45 rpm audiophile recordings), and no record clamp.
I raised the whole turntable up on isolation cones:
http://www.needledoctor.com/Tara-Labs-Vanishing-Points
and raised placed the motor on a cork coaster to compensate for the height, and the speedbox fits underneath the front of the table which is convenient.
The MMF-7 sounds great!

I leave the dustcover on (but raised while playing) because I could never detect a difference with it off. Perhaps this is because the table is installed on a recessed shelf and not prone to so much feedback from speakers.
a Audio-Technica AT33PTG LOMC cartridge for the past year and now have a Dynavector DV 20XL LOMC on my other mmf-7. (Economic stimulus check paid for this cartridge.) Both cartridges sound great with the mmf-7. I had to buy/modify heavier counterweights to accomodate the heavier cartridges. MusicDirect has the counterweight in stock.

Tom