Hadcock tonearms on a Technics SL1210

For those following my trek in turntable, tonearm and cartridge land (and those who might be interested)- I have bought a Technics direct drive SL1210 turntable.
I am still exploring my tonearm options, but I will be going with the Ortofon 2M Black as my cartridge of choice.
The Hadcock was a tonearm I was originally considering for my Nottingham TT. In what is perhaps a first (hehe), I'm looking the possibility of fitting either a Hadcock 224 (the long one) or a 242 (the shorter one) to the Technics SL1210. A UK company selling through E-Bay makes a high quality plate that can be cut for a Hadcock tonearm. A friend of mine gave me one of their plates that was designed to fit a Rega arm- they are very nicely machined.
Anyway, I was also thinking of going all-out and getting the longer of the two Hadcock arms (the 242 as opposed to the shorter 228).
Anyone know if a Hadcock of either length would 'fit' onto the Technics- especially when considering getting the right distance from pivot point to spindle, clearance for the TT lid and other geometry issues? Here are the Specs for both of the arms:

HADCOCK 242
Mounting Hole Diameter 3/8" (15.87mm)
Overall Length 12.10" (307.34mm)
Height 1.70" - 3.5" (43mm - 90mm)
Pivot Stem Length to Top of Arm 3.4" (86.4mm)
Pivot to Stylus Point 9.0" (228.6mm)
Pivot To Centre of Turntable 8.36" (212.85mm)
Offset Angle 23°
Rear Overhang 2.40" (60.9mm) maximum
Headshell Mounting 0.50" (12.7mm) centres
Cartridge Mass 3 - 12g

HADCOCK 228
Mounting Hole Diameter 3/8" (15.87mm)
Overall Length 12.0" (304.8mm)
Height 1.70" - 3.5" (43mm - 90mm)
Pivot Stem Length to Top of Arm 3.4" (86.4mm)
Pivot to Stylus Point 9.0" (228.6mm)
Pivot To Centre of Turntable 8.36" (212.85mm)
Offset Angle 23°
Rear Overhang 2.40" (60.9mm) maximum
Headshell Mounting 0.50" (12.7mm) centres
Cartridge Mass 3 - 12g.
dsa
I think that Audiofeil has answered the question for all of us. There were also posts where earlier models (how early? Don't know- but it could be anywhere within the three decades that these arms have been made) drifting from there settings. With a little further research, apparently there were rubber 'thingos' that had perished over time. Once replaced, the units performed to spec once again.
A poster (Cmk) suggested a Schroeder Arm as an alternative to the Hadcock and the Graham. Since I am exploring unusual options, I thought it might make an interesting thread. So, I will start a thread on the Schroeder Model 2 arm, its compatibility with the Technics, and its compatibility with the Ortofon 2M Black.
I think the Bluenote line of unipivot arms and the Roksan Nima unipivot have the Rega geometry so they could easily be mounted on a Technics table with the readily available mounting plates. I don't have any experience with these arms but I just thought I'd through this out there as I was looking not to long ago for a Rega mount unipivot for my turntable.

Cheers,
Jim