Feickert analogue protractor....Owners impressions

I'm contemplating the purchase of this brand of protractor.

Over the years I have relied on a good friend to mount cartridges and set up the few tables that I have owned in the past.
Relying on someone else to do this was for good reason.

I would never make it as a watch maker or any other profession that requires a fine touch and skill with steady hands.
The time has come where I will have to do this totally on my own.

My question to you owners of the Feickert protractor is what is your experience with it regarding ease of use and accuracy compared to other protractors?

Secondly, the disk has strobe markings for speed set up, does the Feickert package come with a strobe light for the $250. selling price?

I asked these question of a dealer sent via a e-mail and have not received a reply as of yet.

Thank you for your replies.
stiltskin
Tim,
I have a VPI table so if measuring the spindle to pivot distance is all I need to do with the Feickert then it's definitely not worth the $250 price-tag. Because I can measure it with ordinary ruler and it's exactly the same as measuring it with Feickert.

Now I'm seriously ponder whether to return the Feickert and get a MintLP tractor instead.
I've owned the Feickert and and Ken Willis' arc protractor.
I sold the Feickert.
So take the Ken Willis, or any printed out arc protractor, and increase the accuracy several times. That is the MintLP tractor. The difference is in the method and fineness of the arc and alignment lines. You will need at least a 6x magnifier to see properly. And, as Palasr posted before, it gives the added benefit of the mirrored surface. It's $90 and you will get it within 3 weeks.

I have been using the protractor that came with my Triplanar for several years. This is also a mirrored protractor that is very much like the one offered Turntable Basics. It is very good and works very well. The first time I used the MintLP protractor I was floored at how much that extra bit of accuracy made in my LP playback. Everything was more articulate, from the lowest to the highest frequencies. And I know the change was much less that .5mm in length a just a nudge here or there.

Sorry to get carried away. I have to interest in the MintLp other than to be a very happy owner of one. And I need to add thanks again to Palasr for introducing this protractor to me.
Unless i've missed it here on this thread, where/how do i get the MINT LP tractor. Who sells it?
I find the Feickert too "finicky". I adjust my SME V with it and check again with the cardboard protractor that came with the SME and there is no difference in the adjustments. One must ask how precise it is.
Anyway, i'm intrigued with this MINT LP tractor.......
Smoffat......MintLp.com ,product Best Tractor.

Dan ed ,Using the Best Tractor.

I read on MintLps site ,you were able to further dial in your cartridge resulting in note able improvements over your Tri-Planers protractor including Galibiers.

A highly accurate device, more so then others.

Others on Mints site have similar stories to tell.
For anyone interested, read through the entire site.

I punched in Ken Willis on Audioasylum members search, no results.

You still need to find the spindle to pivot distance, whether you use a Freickert or some other brand.

I arrive home today, I'll check the Feickert out.