Acoustic Signature Turntables

Has anyone else experienced any problems with their Acoustic Signature turntable? In particular, I have had major issues regarding the Alpha power supply and related customer support and so just thought I'd look into these problems more widely.

Thanks for your input
dgob
Hi Isanchez,

I will wait to hear your final verdict before making any purchase then.

All the best and I look forward to hearing back when you're 100% sure.

All the best

Dgob
Hi Dgob,

I'm sending my Mat2 back to the factory for an exchange because mine had a little dent that looks like a gap in the graphite. It'll probably take about 10 days for the exchange process.

At the moment, I have the Audio Technica AT-600 Ceramic TT Mat on the Mambo. This is a mat that I haven't spend much time with. I haven't done A/B comparisons with the Mat2, but at least in my system, it compares vavorably to the SAEC SS-300 mat.

I listened to Diana Krall today and there is no shift in her voice that I could detect. I've been to one of her concerts and her voice via the Mat2 seems to have the same pitch as with her voice in the live concert I went to few years ago. The same I could say about the Mat1, as far as I can remember.

There seems to be an emphasis on the mid-range with either the Mat1 or the Mat2, when compared to the SAEC and the Audio Technica mats.

Best,

iSanchez
Hi Isanchez,

Sorry to hear about the fault. I look forward to hearing your feedback after you've received the new one and had time to audition it fully.

Cheers

Dgob
Hi dgob,

The Mat2 replacement should be arriving soon. In the meantime, I decided to give the Silencer platter another try. To my surprise, it is remarkably great. For some reason, the sound is quieter with more detail and more definition and extension a both ends of the audio band.

I understand now your pitch difference perception. The naked Silencer platter on the Mambo is spot on when it comes to pitch definition. I achieved this by using the Grip MKII clamp. I found this clamp to be the best match for the platter without a mat.

I have to yet do the A/B comparison between the naked Silencer platter and the Mat2. I shall find out when I get the Mat2 back.

Best,

iSanchez

Hi Isanchez,

Excellent news. I was blown away (after all the money I have spent on the numerous mats) to find what the naked Silencer platter of the Mambo can do. I'll be really keen to see how it holds up against the Mat2. Look forward to hearing your review.

Cheers

Dgob